Back Again

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Back Again

Postby Andys89 » 10 Mar 2020, 16:37

Hi all,

I hate to admit that I'm back again. I first posted on this board about 3 years ago. I had on and off symptoms of hems and what I thought was fissures for years and I finally worked myself up to the point that I CONSTANTLY had the feeling like I needed to use the bathroom. In June 2017 I got a colonoscopy that came back completely clear with evidence of 2 "small" hemorrhoids. I don't even know how what I had was considered small, because it was causing me so much discomfort and symptoms (bleeding, the fullness feeling). Anyway - 2 weeks after I got the all clear every symptom disappeared and I felt perfectly normal for nearly a year. I've had a long history with my mind causing actual bodily distress. Once I get things checked out and everything is fine - low and behold every symptom disappears. It's a cycle I've tried to kick in every way possible. I could write a book.

Anyway - after about a year of no symptoms, I would get occasional bleeding or a sharp pain here and there. I didn't let it bother me too much because I had gotten the all clear within a reasonable amount of time. Fast forward to January of this year. I started again with some consistent bleeding when going and then my mind started to really get going again. The pain with going turned into the fullness feeling and by February I've now had constant IBS symptoms! I've seen my primary care doctor who was reassuring and said, this really can't be anything because you had a colonoscopy less than 3 years ago. She said - it just looks like you have 2 small hemorrhoids...Again small??! These feel and look awful! She gave me some Bentyl and hydrocortisone and sent me on my way. Well 3 weeks later and I'm still in intestinal distress. No bleeding, but my bowel movements are completely erratic and I have a constant feeling like something is still stuck up there. It's awful!

I have an appointment in April with a GI doctor that specializes in fissures/hemms, but can someone talk me off the cliff here??! Is there any way that I could have developed IBD or anal/colon cancer within this time? I think no to colon, but I'm even freaking out about anal even though I don't have HPV and I'm 43.

Any help here? Any advice is so appreciated. THANK YOU!
Andys89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Back Again

Postby patience_and_healing » 12 Mar 2020, 11:51

Hi there, it sounds like your anxiety has kicked your digestive system out of order. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about cancer, ibd, etc, until you've had your appointment in April. Oftentimes, problems at the anal region can result in constipation. Somehow the body just senses that something is wrong and holds back.

If you suspect you have IBS, give the low fodmap diet a try. The Monash University app has very good up to date information on it. You need to try it for 4-6 weeks to see if it will work for you. Other than that, try gentle exercise to get your stress under control. You'll get through this for sure. Take care.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Andys89 » 30 Apr 2020, 13:34

I just wanted to provide an update because I find them to be useful while searching a topic. Well, Covid-19 has basically derailed the possibility of being seen by a CRS anytime in the near future (I’m in Boston and we’ve been a massive hotspot in the US for cases). In the meantime and back and forth with my go, I HAVE experienced complete relief of my GI issues! She prescribed me 200 mg of Lyrica and it has been nothing short of magical and no side effects at all! Just relief of the constant gurgling and diarrhea. Yippie! So for anyone who has a strong brain/gut connection...this has helped me.

Fissure/hemorrhoids whatever the hell has been going on is unfortunately not any better. I’ve had these issues on and off now for probably 6 years. Had the colonoscopy..it came back 2 small hemorrhoids. Just had the humiliation of having the outside of my rear inspected again. No huge concern. Everything looks “small.” I just don’t get it?? How can I be in such discomfort with small hemorrhoids?? It feels like I’m sh*tting sandpaper every morning!!! I’ve tried nito, cortisone, fiber, laxatives, Probiotics and don’t even get me started on my diet! I’m an athlete and regularly consume water and pardonable around 30 grams of fiber naturally on the regular (no pun intended!).

At this point, my stomach is feeling so much better that I really don’t Want to tempt fate with adding more fiber etc. what...ca...I...do? I am so desperate for this to calm down. I know people have a lot on their plates right now, but any advice at all is appreciated! Thank you!
Andys89
Fibre Addict

Postby Andys89 » 30 Apr 2020, 13:38

And one other question...can small hemorrhoids cause near daily small amounts of blood on TP?
Andys89
Fibre Addict