Fissure back again!?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure back again!?

Postby jax » 10 Oct 2011, 12:04

Hey everyone,
I had been diagnosed with internal hemorrhoids and a fissure by a proctologist. I'm 25 and it was diagnosed at the end of August. I realized the blood and slight pain beginning in early July. Well he gave me anusol suppositories and cream to apply. He also used an infrared coagulator to stop the bleeding during the visit. I have also been taking Metamucil. He claims the fissure is about 1/4 inch long.
Well over time, the bleeding decreased during my daily BM to the point where I really had to look closely when I wiped to even see it. However, yesterday I had a BM in the morning that was :(. I did have to push a bit compared to my usual but everything came out feeling good. To my surprise, when I wiped, there was bright red blood. I noticed it on the stool as well. It wasn't streaked across the stool, but more saturated in one spot. And I even noticed some blood splatter on the toilet bowl. How does that happen? Did it squirt? If so, does that mean it's near my anus?
Anyways, its so disappointing to see reverse progress. There was less blood today because I kept my BM short. But will this never fully heal or retear so easily? I've had way harder BM a year ago and no issues what so ever.
jax
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Fissure back again!?

Postby UltrabeaT » 10 Oct 2011, 13:55

you said it yourself you pushed. im not trying to be horrible but never ever push.... if that bad boy dont wanna come out just leave it there... remember pushing is what probably got most ppl their fissures in the first place. i know it did me. and i havent pushed since
UltrabeaT
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Postby val » 10 Oct 2011, 14:06

The splattering blood is rather alarming! It sure bleeds a lot for a small tear.
A fissure does tend to keep coming back each time you think you are healed - it's quite depressing.
Have you seen a colo-rectal surgeon?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby jax » 10 Oct 2011, 14:52

UltrabeaT wrote:you said it yourself you pushed. im not trying to be horrible but never ever push.... if that bad boy dont wanna come out just leave it there... remember pushing is what probably got most ppl their fissures in the first place. i know it did me. and i havent pushed since

Ok I gotcha. Yea, I had the urge to go so I thought it was "ready." My mindset was always to go when you have an urge rather than letting it sit longer in the colon.
jax
Salt Bather

Postby jax » 10 Oct 2011, 14:56

val wrote:The splattering blood is rather alarming! It sure bleeds a lot for a small tear.
A fissure does tend to keep coming back each time you think you are healed - it's quite depressing.
Have you seen a colo-rectal surgeon?

Yea, i know right. It wasn't alot but there were 4-5 splatter spots 2-3mm in diameter. It looked slightly watered down so I'm not sure if that's from the splash back from the stool or if it's from me directly :/
I have seen my protologist twice but not a colo-rectal surgeon since my protologist made it seem like it should go away with the prescriptiions he gave me and a diet change. He didn't seemed alarmed when he saw me. He did a test to make sure there was no blood in my stool. He only noted that aside from the internal hemrroids, which I believe are gone now, and the fissure, my colon seemed slightly inflammed, maybe due to stress. He examined up until my descending colon, according to him.
jax
Salt Bather

Postby TonyStone » 10 Oct 2011, 17:35

I had bleeding that looked like a scene from CSI. DRIPPING blood even total red water in toilet. Next bowl movement nothing. So I guess what I'm is get it checked but don't freak out. I swear it looked like I was trying to flush a body down the terlet. Yes I know it's spelled like that.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby dwarfs8 » 10 Oct 2011, 19:18

I really think the hemm produced the blood and not the fissure, ESP if u hav internal hemms. If u torn ur fissure and if it's bleeding, I m quite sure u will have very sharp pain when doing bm.
Nonetheless, do consult a crs. If bleeding becomes too often, it sure ain't good and probably more things nd to be done.
I hav internal hems too that prolapse but doesnt bleed. My CRS said to make sure not to strain and push, but when I have the urge, my mind will subsciously push it slightly.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby jax » 13 Oct 2011, 21:02

dwarfs8 wrote:I really think the hemm produced the blood and not the fissure, ESP if u hav internal hemms. If u torn ur fissure and if it's bleeding, I m quite sure u will have very sharp pain when doing bm.
Nonetheless, do consult a crs. If bleeding becomes too often, it sure ain't good and probably more things nd to be done.
I hav internal hems too that prolapse but doesnt bleed. My CRS said to make sure not to strain and push, but when I have the urge, my mind will subsciously push it slightly.

Thanks for your input. Maybe you're right. Could the fissure be above that line where there are no nerves? I have been taking Metamucil and less than the recommended amount of Mirolax. BM have been smooth and no blood so far. It just sucks that I went from eating whatever I wanted 3 months ago to now eating very limited variety of foods.
jax
Salt Bather

Postby jax » 20 Oct 2011, 11:43

Well since my last reply I hadn't seen any blood until today. The BM was easy veryyy little pushing but it felt harder and more bulky than usual. So as I expected, there was a bit of blood when wiping. It didn't hurt, but I could just feel i was being stretched more than usual during the BM. It's a small amount of blood like a finger prick but still....is this fissure never going to fully heal? Will i never be able to have a hard BM like normal ppl do sometimes and not bleed?
jax
Salt Bather

Postby dwarfs8 » 21 Oct 2011, 18:34

it takes a fissure a very looooong time to heal. So as long as you don't have pain, you should be healing. Just keep doing your fissure caretaking routine and diet, and rem. u have to keep BM soft, cos you don't wanna retear that evil again
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19