For those who have had LIS....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

For those who have had LIS....

Postby lurker53 » 18 Oct 2011, 07:59

The skin around the hole for me seems to be weakened or thinned out with all this mess that has become my butt. There is a lot of itching at times and if I itch or wipe too thoroughly the area either bleeds or weeps (seeps moisture).
My question is, does the skin around the hole eventually toughen up or heal as well? Is this a result of the fissures? I'm hoping LIS obviously heals my fissures eventually but also makes things less itchy back there and toughens my butt skin. Thoughts from anyone who has had this done?
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: For those who have had LIS....

Postby StevePain » 20 Oct 2011, 05:27

My arse has never felt the same since having LIS anyway, it's quite sensitive both outside and on the inside, after my LIS the bruising around my arsehole was horrific so I reckon it took a beating during the op..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby lurker53 » 20 Oct 2011, 06:10

What did you have done, was it just LIS or was there also some other stuff (removal of skin tag, etc)?
lurker53
Salt Bather

Postby StevePain » 20 Oct 2011, 06:12

I had LIS and Fissurectomy 14 months ago, my arse hasn't been the same since, very sensitive inside and still gets irritated and sore
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby lurker53 » 20 Oct 2011, 08:30

Great, more fun to look forward to
lurker53
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2011, 08:38

Hey Lurker,
I had LIS and the tag removed. It can take awhile for things to toughen up down there even after surgery. It's not the same as fissure burning/pain but it is easily irritated if the area isn't super clean. Another boardie and I both had a skin tag removed and had a pretty tough time with irritation if we had the slightest bit of leakage. Her CRS said it could take a year or more for that area where the tag was removed to get stronger.
Don't let this scare you though! It was all much better than dealing with things pre-surgery.
Also Steve and I both had a little more done than straight LIS, so keep that in mind! Fissurectomys can be very painful under the best circumstances and tag removal can cause a little longer recovery.

Postby lurker53 » 20 Oct 2011, 09:26

Thanks, I wonder why my CRS isn't doing fissurectomy? Is that for deeper fissures that are in the muscle or is it to avoid scar tissue? I have superficial ones, but she said she's just doing LIS and "let the body heal the rest after that".
lurker53
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 20 Oct 2011, 09:43

Some CRS's don't do them at all. Mine didn't, but she did cauterize my fissure. It could be that your CRS doesn't do them or else your fissures don't have a lot of scar tissue that needs smoothing down.
It's just my personal opinion here, but I didn't want one and was glad to hear my CRS didn't do them...
There have been other boardies in here who healed well with them. I just think it's a rougher recovery for most.

Postby StevePain » 24 Oct 2011, 11:56

I wish my CRS had cauterized my fissure instead of doing the fissurectomy, I don't think the docs here in the UK do cauterization of fissures (too bad) though if I have to have LIS again I will be asking...
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Jojo1 » 25 Oct 2011, 08:43

Cauterization is not considered fissurectomy? I thought fissurectomy was removing the fissure whether by cauterizing, cut & glue or cut and stitch?
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34