Females who have had lis

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Females who have had lis

Postby IWantANewButt » 09 Apr 2018, 06:19

Hey I’m a 20 year old female who has dealt with fissures for approximately 3 Years, I’ve had Botox once and I’m now scheduled to have a second round in June. My only worry is that The Botox isn’t going to work again and I’m going to have to consider other options. I have thought about lis for a while and believe I might have to have the surgery at some point in the future, my only problem is that I’m young and might have kids, so the two surgeons I’ve seen didn’t want to do the lis so have recommend more Botox. I guess my question would be how many rounds of Botox will they do before they consider lis, I can’t imagine continuing with the pain I have because there is a possibility I might have kids. Are there any females who are in a similar position as me? Have any of you had lis? I’m not really sure what to do at this point other than go through with the Botox that I don’t think will work :x
IWantANewButt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Females who have had lis

Postby Katie » 09 Apr 2018, 15:00

Read my story x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby IWantANewButt » 10 Apr 2018, 08:27

Hi Katie thanks for your reply, Was it hard for you to get the lis? Because every time I’ve mentioned it to a surgeon they are really Reluctant, which is fair Because they want to try other options but I think after the second round of Botox if I’m not cured a third round isn’t going to do anything. I’m just kind of mad I’m in this position I can’t control and it doesn’t seem like the doctors are even bothered. I just want the pain to stop so I can get on with my life.
IWantANewButt
Fibre Addict

Postby Katie » 10 Apr 2018, 13:48

It was very hard amd no my surgeon was not keen but after trying everything she gave in after me begging and begging x
Katie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby IWantANewButt » 14 Apr 2018, 13:56

Oh no, at least I know it can be done, not really sure what to do after 2nd Botox otherwise
IWantANewButt
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopefull123 » 14 Apr 2018, 17:29

If you opt for C section, I don't see what the problem is for LIS prior to having kids. It should be the patients decision ultimately what risks they are willing to take. If you can tolerate this pain for years, then ok, but doctors should not deny if the patient is greatly suffering physically and psychologically. I would go abroad if u eee you and get it done. In my native country from what I read in forums, doctors offer very often surgeries because they know chronic fissures are extremely tough to heal and many patients end up suffering for years. This us so not necessary as the surgery is even simpler and faster than a root canal. My doc has not seen incontinence at all in his 20 years surgeries in a monthly basis. In the past they did cut a big portion of the muscle, but now they cut only 1/3 just enough yo release the pressure. The muscle does regain strength within a few years, but since fissure heals completely, resting pressure never gets abnormally high, unless another injury occurs. But even then, this injury heals quickly.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby flmiss » 16 Apr 2018, 19:29

Get the surgery! I was your age when I had my first son and got a fissure after he was born. I dealt with them on and off for YEARS - 24 years actually - you don't want that. I had my LIS surgery last month and had my follow-up appointment today. She said my fissures are healed and my surgical wounds have healed. I asked her why I'm still sore (a little), and it does take time to heal. She's an expert who has done over 900 of these. Today I told her how happy I am to not have the daily pain I had prior to surgery, and she smiled and said the LIS surgery is a "crowd pleaser". I would recommend it to anyone. She didn't want me to try Botox because there is actually a higher incidence of incontinence with Botox...she said that is unacceptable. There is no reason not to get the surgery - just get it overwith - and you will be so glad.
flmiss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sitibu » 14 Aug 2018, 02:27

I noticed that leakage problem after LIS is under reported and surgeon most of the times did not inform patient on the risks.

I hope this forum can raise more awareness to avoid ppl go through this unnecessary surgery if possible.

If you have done LIS before

1. Please state number of years of your surgery
2. Do you have leakage problem?
3. When the leakage get started?
3. If yes, how does the leakage problem happened? is it after pass motion?
4. When the leakage happened, are you aware? or you do no know until you find out during next toilet visit?
5. How frequent the leakage? Daily? or intermittent depending on the stool
6. If you dont mind, please state your age, sex, married, any child birth delivery
sitibu
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1