Should I get admitted to hospital? Get 2nd CRS opinion?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Should I get admitted to hospital? Get 2nd CRS opinion?

Postby dwarfs8 » 31 Oct 2011, 18:39

Nitro does work to a certain extend to relax, achieving the same as the LIS to relax the muscles thereby to bring in a good bloood flow to heal the fissure. Which is y I said that is the least he could give u apart frm softeners. However u cld get headaches frm nitro (I don't), that's the downside.
Do read up "my success story" for some ref if u like
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby jenny2 » 31 Oct 2011, 19:37

yes that is bull s that he couldnt atleast give some nitro. i had the nitro and it helped me alot. I did get headaches that would go away quickly but when i would use to much i had a headache that lasted all day. ( the only drawback)...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby alpinestrawberry » 01 Nov 2011, 06:43

Another vote for a second opinion!
My CRS who did my surgery never saw my fissure. That's because I was taking Miralax, which would allow it to heal at least superficially. I wondered if I should stop taking it and let myself tear before I saw him for the consultation, but I opted not to since that would have been very painful. I was just honest with him about my use of the Miralax. At any rate he could tell from my description of the symptoms and just how generally tight my sphincter felt that I would benefit from surgery.
I think any CRS worth his salt knows that these things are fickle--they heal, they tear, they heal, they tear--and when you are booking an appt. with a CRS you can't predict a month in advance if they might see the fissure that day or not! There are tests they can do to see if your IAS resting pressure is too high. I never had that, because like I said he could just tell that things were really tight.
Why on earth would this doctor make anyone wait a year? From what I've read (and my own experience) if you get past 6 weeks and you still have a fissure, it's chronic and unlikely to heal, even with ointment. However that's no reason not to use some ointment!
What a lot of us have found though, is that Miralax is even more effective than ointment. We've all been through the psychological roller coaster where you think you're healing and then one bad BM ruins everything. It is so depressing Image .
Hope you find a good doctor soon!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby deb » 04 Nov 2011, 08:36

Alpinestrawberry, Thanks for the long response. I appreciate everything you are saying...did you ever worry that they wouldnt find it during surgery and not know where to cut? I am getting a second CRS opinion on nov 14th from a woman who lists anal fissures as one of her special interests...can't get better than that I guess (and hope). She also specializes in women's issues (after childbirth and such) so I feel like I am in good hands. The first CRS who basically said yeah you have a fissure even tho i didnt see it and shooed me on my way did not have any bedside manner at all which I interpreted as no compassion. And I get that this is not life threatening. My mom died from colon cancer so I really get it. However, this is ruining the quality of my life literally. So a little compassion and help from a CRS would be great. So I am hopeful with this new one. P.S. this past week I have done well keeping soft bm. Today a little not so soft and quite a bit of blood. No extra pain though. I am so hoping to just heal naturally and am thinking this is a setback. But no extra pain? With all that said if this new crs says I can fix you with lis I will jump at the chance.
deb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby deb » 04 Nov 2011, 10:05

Update: Extra pain and soreness...uggghhh!!!!
deb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2