Should I get admitted to hospital? Get 2nd CRS opinion?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Should I get admitted to hospital? Get 2nd CRS opinion?

Postby deb » 31 Oct 2011, 06:28

Spasms all night for second night in row. Not much sleep. Had no blood for 6 days. This morning my stool wasnt soft enough and I felt the pain then the blood on the toilet tissue. I was thinking I was getting better and now so sad.
I seen a CRS last wednesday who said I have all symptoms of fissure but that he couldnt see one. My complete story is in a post titled Hi I'm Deb if anyone cares to see my full histrory with this affliction. During exam I was sore on anterior side which is where I think it is. Of course was having a good two days prior to exam and he thinks it was superficially healed. Said he would never do surgery on someone who he can't see the fissure and he never does surgery for at least one year on anyone. Didnt give me any meds. I suggested nitro and he dismissed me saying those dont work. Is there a better way to find the fissure than just looking? I had blood today and actually thinking of asking my GP to admit me to hospital so they would have to look at it today...would that work? Any advise appreciated.
deb
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Should I get admitted to hospital? Get 2nd CRS opinion?

Postby TonyStone » 31 Oct 2011, 07:34

You must get to another CRS , i dont remember your story as I have read a lot but if you have been dealing with the pain for any length of time, find a doc who will listen and care. Screw that making you wait a year. He isnt in pain.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Tim » 31 Oct 2011, 07:36

I agree. Fissure can be further inside and they can't always see them by just looking. A good CRS needs to get inside. He can still schedule you and get in there and say, "Well I see one but surgery isn't for you". Get another opinion. Don't waste anymore of your life in pain!
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby deb » 31 Oct 2011, 07:43

Thanks Tony....I was thinking the same thing and hoping others would agree. Also thanks for responding to me again so quickly. You were the first to respond to me on my last post as well and I tell you these boards sure do help me not feel so isolated. My husband has been wonderful through this so far but even he can't understand completely the pain and sadness this can cause. I know you had surgery recently and I wish you the best!
deb
Fibre Addict

Postby deb » 31 Oct 2011, 07:46

Thanks Tim! I've been in dealing with this since June and Lots of pain since end of August. Can't believe it's November tomorrow. Seems like I've lost months of my life to this. It has to stop. The not sleeping is new and I'm not sure how much I can take. Thanks for the advice and I wish you well.
deb
Fibre Addict

Postby shakeit » 31 Oct 2011, 09:31

Hi Deb
I'm sorry to hear you're suffering so much. I agree with the rest and think you should get another opinion asap from a CRS. They can sedate you and have a look deeper inside as that is where the problem may be. And what's this about not treating someone for a year!? Makes no sense, someone could've had a problem for a while before going to see that doc! If you're in pain then something must be up. I have been suffering since mid July too, I've had about 5 pain free weeks since then, but then I go back to painful BMs.
Good luck and hope they find what's causing it. Don't hang around in pain without an answer as to why its happening.
shakeit
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby jenny2 » 31 Oct 2011, 09:48

deb hi. i just wanted to tell you that i am going to see my 3rd crs since july. the first 2 were just not very good and the 2nd guy didnt even examine me inside and then he told me hemms. i dont know why but sometimes it takes awhile to find a good doc that cares and is a good crs. no one should have to wait around 1 year to get treatment when you are in pain. i would get another opinion from a doc..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby deb » 31 Oct 2011, 11:57

Thanks Shakeit and Jenny for taking the time to post and the good info. I am so confused right now and any info I get is helpful and appreciated...I am going to ask my GP for a referral to another CRS.
deb
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 31 Oct 2011, 17:57

Do get another CRS. Not giving u the LIS is one thing, not giving u ointment is another! That is the least he shld have given u. Don't think too much, consult another CRS soon.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby deb » 31 Oct 2011, 18:19

Thanks dwarf. I was thinking the same thing...I mean what does it hurt him if I try it and it doesnt work...but what if it does work and at least it could stop some spasms and give me some relief for the first time in 2 months. Thanks for the opinion!
deb
Fibre Addict