18 mos suffering, surgery scheduled in 2 days, still scared!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: 18 mos suffering, surgery scheduled in 2 days, still scared!

Postby Hope2BeNormalAgain » 03 Nov 2011, 18:46

That's right, Dwarf. I have 2 new, smaller tears than the original 2 that healed. One that came on in June, and a teensy weensy one that appeared in September. I can't even feel the teensy one, but the other is painful during BM only. However, this morning I had just the right consistency and was super oiled up with Vit E, and I had a painless BM. Now, I know that won't be the case tomorrow because what are the chances of that happening, but it at least gives me hope that my diet is right. I ate 5 bean soup and peanut butter jelly on whole wheat toast yesterday. I gave in and had 2 reese's peanut butter cups, but I took a tbsp of metamucil in the morning and a teaspoon of Milk of Magnesia last night. I really like the Vit E suppositories, too. They seem to relax it down there overnight and nourish the skin, too. Dwarf, I read your success story. I totally agree that you have to lubricate immediately before BM. I did this while healing up "the others." I also take Mag Phos salts under my tongue several times a day. This is supposed to relax muscle spasms. I'm wondering if this is why I've never had a problem with the spasm pain so many people have had on this forum? Today, I picked up some Vit C and some Kyolic (Garlic extact with Vit E, Cayenne, and Hawthorne). The Kyolic is supposed to help with blood circulation, which I have a problem with in my hands and feet. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it! Image
Hope2BeNormalAgain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Hope2BeNormalAgain » 03 Nov 2011, 18:50

Andrew...I sooooo know how you feel! That's the story of my last year and a half of life! So emotionally draining to retear after a couple of good weeks or months. I'm giving it one more shot before I go the LIS route because I, too am concerned that things may not change that much afterwards.
Hope2BeNormalAgain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby dwarfs8 » 04 Nov 2011, 00:11

hi Hope2BeNormalAgain, vit c and vit e can help to a certain extend for sure. And it also has to go hand-in-hand with good bowel habits and soft stools. Do keep a food and bowels diary, so you will know which food groups work for you. Soft stools are the first line of treatment in fissures/piles and it's truly the one and probably ONLY thing that can heal your fissures. What i reckon is that ointments and supplements can facilitate faster healing then the rate of your retears. Thus that's important too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Em » 04 Nov 2011, 04:34

Hope2BeNormalAgain wrote:and some Kyolic (Garlic extact with Vit E, Cayenne, and Hawthorne). The Kyolic is supposed to help with blood circulation, which I have a problem with in my hands and feet. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it! Image

I was talking to my natropath about hawthorn today as I'd read it is good for strengthening membranes and capilliaries. She said it's actually not good for people with weaker capiliaries as it causes a surge of blood from the heart which wouldn't be good for a fissure.
Em
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

what do u use to lubricate (becuase lubracting really helps

Postby andrew » 07 Nov 2011, 05:16

Hope2BeNormalAgain wrote:That's right, Dwarf. I have 2 new, smaller tears than the original 2 that healed. One that came on in June, and a teensy weensy one that appeared in September. I can't even feel the teensy one, but the other is painful during BM only. However, this morning I had just the right consistency and was super oiled up with Vit E, and I had a painless BM. Now, I know that won't be the case tomorrow because what are the chances of that happening, but it at least gives me hope that my diet is right. I ate 5 bean soup and peanut butter jelly on whole wheat toast yesterday. I gave in and had 2 reese's peanut butter cups, but I took a tbsp of metamucil in the morning and a teaspoon of Milk of Magnesia last night. I really like the Vit E suppositories, too. They seem to relax it down there overnight and nourish the skin, too. Dwarf, I read your success story. I totally agree that you have to lubricate immediately before BM. I did this while healing up "the others." I also take Mag Phos salts under my tongue several times a day. This is supposed to relax muscle spasms. I'm wondering if this is why I've never had a problem with the spasm pain so many people have had on this forum? Today, I picked up some Vit C and some Kyolic (Garlic extact with Vit E, Cayenne, and Hawthorne). The Kyolic is supposed to help with blood circulation, which I have a problem with in my hands and feet. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it! Image

My doctor initially prescribed me Proctosedyl oinment (Hydrocortisone Ointment which is usually prescribed for hemorrhoids ).The property of this ointment is that it melts when u insert it inside ur anus w provide a very good lubrication . Whenever i have used it i have recovered extremely faster because of the lubrication there seems to be very less strain on the fissure. But in the medical literature it is said such kind of oinment usually thins your skins which is not at all good for fissure .
LAXATIVE CAN HELP U ACHIEVE SOFT STOOLS BUT IF YOU GIVE THEM A MISS ONE REALLY NEED SOMETHING IN THE MORNING TO LUBRICATE BECAUSE THAT'S THE LAST LINE OF ACTION TO STOP THE FISSURE FORM REOCCURRING
I HAVE HEARD PEOPLE TALKING OF OIL AND OTHER STUFFS FOR LUBRICATION, PL LIST ALL THE STUFF USED FOR PRE BM LUBRICATION . BECAUSE IN MY CASE THE LUBRICATION REALLY HELPS BUT I DON'T WANT TO USE THAT OINTMENT FOR LUBRICATION
andrew
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby dwarfs8 » 07 Nov 2011, 06:07

hi andrew, you may used lidocaine, it has some numbing effect if applied 10mins before ur BM. Else, use aloe vera, vaseline or vit e oil for lubrication. I've heard ppl using olive oil too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19