Question for Moms with AF that have had LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Question for Moms with AF that have had LIS

Postby Hope2BeNormalAgain » 02 Nov 2011, 11:07

Hi ladies!
Have any of you had children after LIS and either did/did not have any AF reoccurence?
Going for surgery in the morning because I'm 34 and want to have a second child! Wondering if I'm going to be facing the same issue after getting pregnant and having another c section?
Thanks!!!
Hope2BeNormalAgain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Question for Moms with AF that have had LIS

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2011, 11:48

Hey there,
There's a post in here from a boardie who had a baby after LIS. Her name is Pinky, if you would like to research her post. I also believe Cheryl( from Australia- the creator of this forum) had a baby after LIS if you want research her post too.
My personal opinion since having LIS would be to give it a good year or longer for everything to get strong again...
You may want to re-search, ask a Dr. about Miralax (stool softeners ) while being pregnant and be extra cautious with your diet, etc since pregnancy can cause constipation anyway... I think chances would be slim for you to get another fissure after having the surgery, especially if you are able to keep the bm's soft and regular during pregnancy. The LIS is suppose to make the sphincter looser for life when the cut is sufficient.
Good Luck tomorrow!! I think you've made a good choice. I've not regretted having the surgery for a minute! It's been the best decision I made...

Postby alpinestrawberry » 03 Nov 2011, 06:23

"IF" the cut is sufficient--you may not have any reoccurrence. You have to decide what you're comfortable with, personally I would wait at least a year and then I'd find an obstetrician who was sympathetic enough to offer a c-section.
Fortunately, I was "lucky" since I didn't get my AF until after giving birth to my third and final child.
Miralax I believe is safe during breastfeeding, not sure about pregnancy. I would definitely at least take it for a few months after giving birth, knowing what I know now!
Good luck!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby dwarfs8 » 03 Nov 2011, 19:40

sigh... the many worries of an AF sufferer! I myself is trying to conceive after my AF and is also wondering if i'll ever opt for natural birth! I heard stories of people tearing their virginal and their anal after giving birth naturally, i can't imagine myself having to EVER go through that again, and probably the only way to prevent that is to go thru c-section instead.
But u know what? I don't have an answer yet. There are too many things to worry about during pregnancy, i reckon i should take it as it comes....
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Val76 » 07 Nov 2011, 06:41

I also would like to have a second child, but first have to heal. If I am so lucky to have a second one I will asking for sure for a c-section after tearing during giving birth to my first child.
Val76
Salt Bather

Topics: 6