doc's office problems.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

doc's office problems.

Postby jenny2 » 03 Nov 2011, 05:34

just need some input. my derm office that i go to for skin condition is a nightmare. i am having trouble getting around the nurses for apppts. the nurses in the practice schedule all the docs appt and everytime i call, i am put on a waiting list. takes months to get into him. the nurses called me in a rx and they charge 5.00 to call the meds in. when i ask for a sample of the expensive creme they put me on, the nurses tell me i am on waiting list for sample but they never call me back. when i call for appts or to find out how long it is gonna take for me to get in they tell me that there waiting list is long and i tell them that the excema is painful and they say ( oh really) they are very, very uncaring. i am just so sick of fighting with nurses for a appt. i really like the doctor and do not want to go anywhere else plus there is no other derm doc unless i drive 2 hours and i am allready doing that for the crs doc that i go to.. any thoughts how i can get past these uncaring nurses. if it wasnt for the terrific derm doc, i would have allready left this practice. grrrr Image
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: doc's office problems.

Postby dwarfs8 » 04 Nov 2011, 17:45

i understand! but it's more important to have a terrific doc than losing it cos of the bloody nurses!
My CRS switched from a govt hospital to a private practice and i made the switch so i could still be under his care. It cost more than what i usually pay and the medicine they gave are double of what they have in the govt hospital!! While it's a pinch, the doc is someone whom i placed more priority to than parting with my money. BUT the thing is while i took half an hr with the doc, i've to wait 45mins just for my medicine! THe clueless thing is that being private practice, there isn't much patients to begin with! SO.. i asked and asked and asked for my medicine, and they told me the same thing, "Opps sorry, our system is not stable yet, so it's a bit slow". GOSH! Damn fed up with them!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby jenny2 » 04 Nov 2011, 20:18

yes i know how it feels to be fed up. i just feel like the whole medical profession is going down hill.. the nurses lately seem short tempered and uncaring, at one time i was going to become a nurse but went medical office instead, i dont think i could work with the nurses i met, they dont strike me as friendly.. sorry if any nurses on here and dont mean to offend anyone.. oh yeh the dumb nurses called me today and when i answered the phone they hung up, they know i am waiting for them to call me for a appt and when i tried to call them back, answering machine.. drives me crazy...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dwarfs8 » 04 Nov 2011, 20:56

u r absolutely right that the medical world is going downhill. Not only that, they are more interested to give us medicine to band-aid the problem, and not helping us to solve the root of the problem. Rarely are doctors of this generation interested to educate us on healing from within, starting from the eating and living lifestyles. Many medicines are certainly not for long term, it's just to suppress the symptoms temporary. If we start to take it long term, we are only creating more health issues.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue1962 » 05 Nov 2011, 10:17

Hi Jenny
I am a nurse and, I totally know what you mean. No offense taken. The healthcare in the US is going down the crapper!!! I have to call other offices everyday and get the snotty sharp tongued nurses on the other end. I am like if you don't like your job then go find something you like. I love my job and it totally shows. My patients love me. I always remember what my first employer told me. People call when they don't feel good, always speak to them with a smile on your face they will hear it in your voice. I just love making people feel better!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby jenny2 » 05 Nov 2011, 11:36

thanks for responding sue. i am just so fed up with the nurses at the derm practice. what can i do to get a appt sooner? i even went up to the practice and they tell me i am on the waiting list. 2 weeks of waiting. them nurses called me yesterday and hung up on me, made me so mad, i just really need to get in and they act like they dont care if i am in pain or anything.. i have spoken to the doc about this and he acts like he dont even know his own schedule? i am just so fed up with them and their smart comments when i call, they say you are in pain huh? grrrrrrrrr
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jenny2 » 05 Nov 2011, 11:46

sue do you think if i called them more often i would be able to get in? they act like i am a real pain and get real snotty when i call or go up there. the problem is the doc there doesnt work very many hours, he works 8 days every 2 weeks, so total of 16 days out of the month.. bunch of BS!!!!
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jenny2 » 07 Nov 2011, 06:46

i have given up trying to get a doc appt at this office. i cant stand the nurses attitude and comments when i call them to find out how long this is going to take for me to get in for a appt. they are a bunch of uncaring people. going to try to find another derm doctor. grrrrrrrrrrrrr Image
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist