Some random questions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Some random questions

Postby Jojo1 » 07 Nov 2011, 00:44

Okay, it's late night and doing my first post bathroom soak of the day. Some thoughts and questions are going through my head. Any feedback, insight, wisdom is welcome.
Fleet enemas. Supposed to do one the night before surgery and again two hours before arrival. Doc said try, but if too painful, he can empty me after I'm asleep. I want to at least try since my bm's normally am and both pretty full, but have never done one. Any advice?
Those of you face down for surgery, did you have any position related discomfort after and how bad?
Post-LIS swelling. Are the frozen peas or direct app with small ziploc ice pak better? I have some ziploc sandwich bags filled about 1in with water and frozen. I've found it the perfect size to fit between the cheeks for relief, but wondering if that is too direct and harsh for post-op? How soon can/should it be applied? Is it unreasonable to ask for one immediately for the ride home?
What kind of gauze do I buy?
I think that's it for now. Thanks
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Re: Some random questions

Postby Away PITA! » 07 Nov 2011, 10:26

Fleet enemas will be painful. I had to do 2 before a CRS appointment last summer for these stupid fissures. I decided to wait on surgery for another year. Bad idea.
Depending on how severe your fissure situation is it might be too painful to do. It will produce a very soft, liquidy, but fast BM. My new CRS told me I didn't have to do pre-op enemas because they would be too painful. At that point I was having so much pain my daily activites were severely limited.
No discomfort other than my bleeding booty from the surgery!
You need a wash cloth or something between your booty and the ice pack. Chances are you'll be really numb for a few hours after surgery for the ride home. You could ask for one, but if it's for pain relief, you probably won't need it.
I didn't need/use gauze post-op so I'm not sure.
Avoid your pain meds if you can...they are very likely to constipate you.
Good luck!!!
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8