My LIS experience

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My LIS experience

Postby fissurepaingy » 10 Nov 2011, 11:21

My God, I can't imagine life without the warm baths! I'm so glad you made it through that! Horrible timing on the power loss for sure!
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Re: My LIS experience

Postby pita111 » 15 Nov 2011, 08:39

I just had the LIS surgery last week and what Lurker describes is so true about the surgery part. My recovery was easier....Alittle tape and gauze. I was told to drink 4 oz prune juice every morning....take 2 stool softeners in the evening and to drink some medimucil mid day. I did go on day 2 but it wasn't very much. On day 4 however.....I went alot 4 times....which resulted in my bottom being really tender/sore. I did not have to strain. No blood. No spasms and no pain. I do seem to have gas more often lately.....which was to be expected. Today is day 5 and I feel good. I still take warm baths 3x a day. I haven't used pain killers since the first night.
The part Lurker talks about getting on the surgical table is true.....I rolled myself over to the surgical table on to some rolled towels that put my deriere up in the air. Then poof.....I was out.....and the poof I was awake in recovery....so relieved.
I am so happy to have had the surgery and to have my life back again. I postponed the surgery once as I thought I was getting better....NOT!! I couldn't wait to get it scheduled!!! Never thought I would want to show my but so bad!!! LOL!!
Stay soft...stay regular.....and soak is my motto for the next few days!
Hope everyone is working through their AF issues. It was a scary road.....but I am thankful for my CRS!!!
Take care....and thanks for posting!!
pita111
Fibre Addict