5 weeks post LIS , blood for first time.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 5 weeks post LIS , blood for first time.

Postby alpinestrawberry » 14 Nov 2011, 20:52

The blood doesn't come from the incision site, at least not for me. That spot is well healed. If I look with a hand mirror, I can see a little superficial looking tear on the opposite side of where the incision was made. So I guess at least it's no mystery where the blood comes from. If I press on that spot it's a little sore, though nothing like it would be with a deep fissure.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Val76 » 17 Nov 2011, 12:00

I had only an anal dilitation 2 weeks ago, but I am also bleeding since yesterday everytime having a BM. For me it is very scary as I was never bleeding before?! It is also not really hurting ...only feeling "there is sthg." Does somebody of you halso have blood on the stool ? The blood is not dripping....noticed it on the stool and toilet paper...
Val76
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Tony, update?

Postby Away PITA! » 02 Dec 2011, 08:24

I'm experiencing the same things...5 weeks out. How are things for you now?
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby letitsnow » 18 Jan 2012, 08:45

I had LIS & Fissurectomy 12/15/11. I have had blood on my bm the last two mornings, I am very worried. I feel like I am back to square one.
I have never felt pain free since having the surgery. I was in excruitiating pain the first few days after surgery. It wasn't until about 2 1/2 weeks that the pain finally became bearable.
The doctor has me on diltiazem ointment now because I wasn't healing like I should be. I didn't have any blood on my bm until after I started it!!! (I did have a little on TP one day at week 3) Also I started Valium two days ago to see if that would help.
I am doing laxitives,metamucil,benefiber,prune juice,flax seed, sitz baths, etc... Everything I can think of to keep my bm soft & my bum to heal!
Please could you tell me how you are doing? I would love to hear from anyone. I am new to this sight and any input would be of great help to me.
Take Care,
Snow
letitsnow
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 18 Jan 2012, 09:04

Hi Snow,
I have not had surgery, and hopefully someone will come along to answer some of your questions - am sure they will. It is not immediate healing after surgery, whatever the CRSs say. It takes time. I think Hopetoheal is a good person to follow, as she has given very clear notes on the results of her surgery.
Hopefully the Valium might help with the pain. I found that sitz baths made my spasms worse, so I try to limit them to 5 minutes, and then refresh the water, and 5 minutes again. I have the water fairly warm, but not hot.
Also, don't overdo the laxatives. Sounds like you are taking quite a few different things. I use the metamucil cookies for fibre (only two thirds of one, as I eat very little, though I keep my calories up), MOM - a third of a capful in the evening. I just do not eat too much, as it brings too much pain. I also mix organic chicken stock into my food, and it is a bit soupy, but I don't mind. I even use baby food (carrots) in mine. Organic something or other...I will do anything to keep the pain down basically! Image
It will get better. That is what to keep in mind. And research what others have said who have had the same surgery on here.
Thinking of you.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby TonyStone » 20 Jan 2012, 14:28

Sorry, I havent been on in a while, sometimes the stories of pain are overwhelming. I feel 100% better that before the surgery. I still have blood on tp but I dont know if that is from the fissure or the hemmys, since I have no pain I havent pursued it further. I have not got back to my followup becuase at 50 bucks a pop I cant afford to but I will go soon. I still have some "skid marks" but overall very good. If I get an upset stomach it seems worse, so I dont know if that is fissure or hemmy.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14