OUCH. Re-occuring fissure. 1st visit to CRS

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

OUCH. Re-occuring fissure. 1st visit to CRS

Postby jez57 » 11 Nov 2011, 10:47

I am very thankful to have found this forum. For years off and on I would have excruciating pain and "pulsating" in my rectum after constipation. It would only last for a day or so and was bad but tolerable. I recently had weight loss surgery and due to the protein only diet I am currently on (just now starting to introduce fruits/veggies) have been constipated off and on for over 2 weeks. Which means being ok, pooping, being in pain, over and over again. After 2 colonoscopies and being told it was hemmorrhoids years ago I went back to my GI dr. on Wednesday. He tried to do a DRE and couldn't because of the muscle tone and my pain. He sent me to a CRS which I went to this morning. After another excruciating exam (although at least he TRIED to numb me with the jelly stuff) he said I have 2 deep fissures. He gave me xylocaine jelly and nifepidine to try to heal it. If not healed he would recommend surgery in a month (LIS). He said it's done with a sedative and local anesthetic. Does this sound right to people? I do not want surgery however if the creams don't fix it I don't k now what else to do. I've missed so many days of work the past few weeks due to pain and can't keep doing it.
jez57

Topics: 1

Re: OUCH. Re-occuring fissure. 1st visit to CRS

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Nov 2011, 03:02

I m sorry u r suffering... I know exactly how it feels. I took a week of mc till my colleagues was very curious n asked me what happened. I thot I will live like this for the rest of my life.
If u don't want surgery, u can try the ideas I posted under "my success story". Do a search and you could find it.
If u decided u can't take all these pain, LIS has a high success too.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here