First CRS visit this week

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: First CRS visit this week

Postby sunshine_atl » 29 Jan 2018, 16:10

Thanks patience_healing for your prompt response. I haven't had problems since quite some days now and I am not feeling the fissure like pain (glass cut/tear) during BM. However, on some days I do experience slight itching sensation after the BM. I have been applying the Prep-H cooling gel each night before going to bed just to have a clean pain free bowel next day. Is it okay to continue this gel application or is this also in one of those categories that causes thinning of the skin. I do still have the Hydrocortizone Praximone cream that was originally prescribed by my CRS, however I am abiding from using it. Is there anything you know of to soothe the stretch marks/scars ? (as I feel some stretch marks/hard skin when I try to apply the prep-h gel).. thanks as always for your advice.
sunshine_atl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby patience_and_healing » 05 Feb 2018, 12:01

Glad to hear you're still doing well. I'm not familiar with that gel since I've never used it but I assume it has Vaseline in it like the other prepH ointments. My CRS was not in favor of Vaseline because it doesn't let the tissues breathe and can lead to tears. So on her advice I quit using all ointments and very rarely now use my leftover nifedipine. I stick to coconut oil or water based lubricants. And sadly I don't know how to reduce the hardened tissue, it's a problem for me as well. Hope you continue to improve!
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 05 Feb 2018, 12:29

P&h how are you doing? I can't remember if you had anything done or not but I feel perfect at the moment but it won't last an never does but im booked for fissurectomy an Botox in a week an it's hard to been 100% when I'm in a good patch at the moment it's been 4 years it comes an goes every 4-6 weeks do I need lis or is this plan worth a shot shonce the fissure can heal well it mite just be the scar tissue that's the problem?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby patience_and_healing » 07 Feb 2018, 11:17

I'm doing all right, bad days and good days. I have only ever had botox done and it's long worn off now, currently in PT. I can understand the anxiety that you're having right now, but I think you've made a good decision to do something more permanent about this. Think of the good days you'll have once everything is healed! I don't know much about LIS so would never recommend it to anyone. Your doctor is the best person to make that suggestion.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby missy moo » 07 Feb 2018, 14:16

Hay p&h I've started my own story in general fissure discussion it's called fissurectomy an Botox follow my progress if you'd like I get the surgery in 4 sleeps time : ( support would be nice as only my partner know I'm having surgery and only he and my mum know I've had this terrible thing for the last 4.5 years what a secret an for so long it's a burdon really isn't it.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37