Heal or No Heal

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Heal or No Heal

Postby Two Years Gone » 15 Nov 2011, 03:32

I have had an anal fissure almost 2 1/2 years now. The worst period of all was October this year when I found this forum. I had pain with BM every day, lasting up to 4 or 5 hours and pain in urinary tract area. I took thrush and ended up with the worst itching imaginable. The week beginning the 10th of October was one of the most painfull of my life I even went to A&E but there was a 4-5 hour waiting time which obviously I couldnt do.
On 14th October things came to a head and I have been pain free magically since then. I have never been pain before as there was always a certain degree of pain.
I started taking Movicol(which I should have been on from the beginning), stopped using creams, added fibre and there is no pain, no spasm, no nothing. Five weeks with 0 level pain having experienced about a 6-8 on an ongoing basis. I am becoming like the person I used to be. But I dont trust it. Image
My question is how do you know you are healing. Is this just a break I am getting. Is it a cycle of pain. Will it be back with a vengeance. It is still very visible as it is an external one but not as bad red/blue as before. It apparently was a very deep one.
Can it just lie dormant until it heals? Could this be for a long period? has anyone experienced this for a long period and then healed.
Do not be afraid to burst my bubble as I need to know.
Future plans are I am trying one more botox (the third) before LIS but at the moment could live ok as I am and would prefer to do nothing if this continues.
Two Years Gone
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Heal or No Heal

Postby dwarfs8 » 15 Nov 2011, 07:01

hi there, i had a fissure for 5months before it calmed down. i saw my crs in apr and he mentioned that he can see that the fissure is red, which is good, cos it means there's a good blood flow to it and healing well. So if it's white, means it's not healing well and most probably need surgery.
If there's no pain now, you should thank God! It only mean that it's getting better. I have a few retears along the 5 months, until the pain finally decreases day by day. Continue with your good fissure regime whatever it is, and you could be back to normal (more or less) again.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19