Can someone please explain yoga breathing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Can someone please explain yoga breathing?

Postby Sue1962 » 16 Nov 2011, 12:17

I have read on here that a lot of you use yoga breathing when you have a BM. Can someone please explain this to me, as I always have to push just a bit to get things started and have never done yoga. I guess I pushed a bit too much yesterday b/c I am a little tender again. Uggg Counting the days until my consult with the CRS. Thanks
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Can someone please explain yoga breathing?

Postby dwarfs8 » 16 Nov 2011, 18:55

Hi sue, I actually know abt the breathing before I learnt yoga now. Haha... I just happened to do it and then keep doing it as I realized that it helps to encourage urge, relax my anus, helping the stools to glide out easily.
It's to breathe in deeply and breathe out slowly. As u breathe out slowly, do not subsciously hold ur breath or try to push, do it throughout ur bm, u will realize ur bm experience wld be so much easier and smoother. With each Practise, u will get the hang of it :)
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Nov 2011, 06:14

Thanks Dwarfs...I will try!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby workingonit » 16 Jan 2012, 12:56

I think the trick to yoga breathing is that you are breathing into your belly and not trying to make your chest rise more. So when you are yoga breathing, your belly should rise first. Your out breath should be slower than your in breath, but the important thing is that they are slow and even. If you are comfortable with it, it is also best to breath in through your nose and out through your mouth (like blowing). Sometimes my nose is stuffy and this doesn't work.
I haven't tried this in the bathroom though, does it help when you are in a strange bathroom, like at the airport or a friend's house?
I've always gotten so tense trying to go in a different place, especially if I have my daughter with me. -sheesh-
I would usually just wait til I got home, but now I am afraid to wait. Kind of a !*mned if you do ... if you don't.
one thing I found that helps, is drinking a tall glass of water as soon as I sit down.
I used to blow my nose to get things started, but even that little push is too much now-a-days.
Mostly I just try to sit in a psuedo squat. Leaning far forward and placing my feet back and to either side of the toilet.
(obligatory TMI apology... the secrets are often in the details though)
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34