What to do with my AF?? I'm turning crazy!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What to do with my AF?? I'm turning crazy!

Postby frustrated_bee » 17 Nov 2011, 20:40

So I've been having this AF for about 3 months and it won't heal whatsoever.
I think it's a cut on the outside though I can't really see it and can't tell exactly where
but it stings a lot and itchy as well.
the thing is I get plenty of fiber, drink A LOT of water and I have a BM everyday but my stools are still quite hard and bulky I have to push so hard. and of course it hurts a lot I have to take sitz bath after every BM and can NEVER wipe.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. is it because I don't exercise at all? :/
I usually just sit/lie down all day because it's just so uncomfortable when I walk fast or run and I thought it just won't help my fissure heal. and now I'm getting constipated instead.. Image !!
this is so annoying I seriously envy people who can wipe after BM like it's nothing Lol
I never thought small things like this could control my life.. *sigh*
Anyway, my question is will exercise make it easier to have BM? what should I do to make my stools soft? I know there are stool softeners but I can't take them forever.. probably more soluble fiber in my diet?? please help! thanks in advance!
frustrated_bee

Topics: 1

Re: What to do with my AF?? I'm turning crazy!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 17 Nov 2011, 21:57

Hey Frustratedbee - we know what you are talking about! Fissures can take over your life and make it difficult or impossible to do the things you used to do. Exercising is really difficult with a fissure, so don't feel bad if you can't do much of it. I was barely able to walk, forget exercise! I really recommend Miralax for softening stools. It's safe to use, even long term, so I wouldn't be worried about using it while you are working on healing your fissure. Have you been to the doctor to get any ointments? If you haven't yet, don't let them give you hemorrhoid creams! Those can make things worse. Make sure you get Diltiazem, Nitro or Nifedipine. Those are the proper ointments for fissures. More insoluble, like leafy greens, will likely help more than soluble fiber. Soluble fiber adds bulk. Think of soluble fiber as a sponge that soaks up waste, and insoluble fiber as the broom that sweeps it out. If you take too much soluble fiber without enough water and insoluble fiber, you can get constipated. :D
Deleted User 579

Re: What to do with my AF?? I'm turning crazy!

Postby dwarfs8 » 18 Nov 2011, 01:03

You shldn't be eating too much fiber as they only will bulk up your stools and easily harden if there's not enough water intake. Try cut it down and aim for both soluble and insoluble fiber. One keeps things moving, while the other softens, so both is important.
As for sitting down, do get up to walk around for 5 mins every hr. This can relieve your anal pressure, helps blood flow and also keeps your bowel moving.
Do consult a crs soon since it's been 3 months. Their ointments can help in healing too. Do a search for a thread "my success story" for some more ideas on how to heal naturally. Take care.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19