I have a question for LIS Vets :)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I have a question for LIS Vets :)

Postby alpinestrawberry » 22 Nov 2011, 07:48

Hey Dawn and Hope!
I've had the exact same thing happen to me, where I had to push a little, and I was sore afterwards. But for me, unfortunately this is often a precursor to a retear. I will usually tear the next day if I have another difficult BM. However, it's not all bad, because like you said things will turn around and get better again in a matter of days, which would not have been the case prior to surgery.
And the tears that I get now are nowhere near as painful as they were, and there are no spasms to deal with either. I think it's just freaky because I try not to ever push nowadays, and I get really nervous when I do have to push. In the old pre-fissure days, I would have just cranked that sucker out without a second thought. Image
My butt can't take that kind of abuse now. I often wonder what my body would be like if I hadn't had that third child...of course she's so precious to me and I would never trade her in even for a perfect butt...but I marvel at the people who have child after child, like that crazy family that's having their twentieth child right now. And even my own grandma--she had five kids all vaginal deliveries and the first weighed over twelve pounds! How in the heck did she not have problems?
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Val76 » 22 Nov 2011, 07:56

That`s what I am wondering about as well... I gave birth to 1 child and have got all this problems. How the hell people are getting 4 kids and more without having any problems. And I would like to have 1 more child so much....but I am afraid that it will make things worser again :-(
Val76
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2011, 11:31

Hey Alpine & Val,
Thanks for sharing. That incident scared the mess out of me. I didn't see blood or feel like I had a re-tear but it felt weird( like a scrape) and swollen. I will never push again and I figured out it's still too early to get that brave. Image
It did go away completely in a few days, but I could understand how you may re-tear if you kept having harder bm's!
I had four kids Alpine! I was a crazy nut and when I remarried I had one 13 years after my youngest from my first marriage. I have often wondered if I didn't get my fissure when I was pregnant with her or after I had her. I suffered horribly from constipation while I was carrying her and right after I had her, the first bm wasn't good! I thought at the time I had a hemmy but the feelings were so much like I felt when I had my fissure. I think it may have healed. I also remember my mid wife during that pregnancy saying I had a small hemmy on the left which turned out to be the skin tag I had removed with my LIS. I never heard of a fissure and just assumed anything with the butt was hemmies but I do remember my butt was on fire and I used ice. I think I just got lucky and healed before?!
My Grandma had 7 kids Alpine Image All natural child birth and some pretty big. My Dad was over 9lbs. She had him at 41 years old Image She delivered all of them at home except the last two. Crazy!! I'm not sure if she ever had butt problems but I do remember she was a firm believer in having a BM daily. I remember her taking laxatives everyday Image Maybe she did have some butt issues!!

Postby Guest » 22 Nov 2011, 11:33

ps...
I know what you mean about the Duggar lady. OMG, how can a body go through 20 pregnancies !!