Spasm or Irritated Tear???

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Spasm or Irritated Tear???

Postby Silkckp99 » 21 Nov 2011, 22:39

I had my surgery on 11-14-11. I feel fine all day except after a BM. When I have a BM I get this painful burning feeling. Is it a spasm or is the tear irritated? Once I get finished with the BM, I clean up and then sit in the tub in warm to hot water. The pain is gone in 5-10 mins and the I am fine until the next BM. I can feel my muscle moving sometime and that gives a little sting from time to time and I figure this is a spasm, but what about the burning? It feels like I am putting alcohol on a cut.
Any advice is appreciated...
Thanks,
Eddie
Silkckp99

Topics: 2

Re: Spasm or Irritated Tear???

Postby FreshfromSurgery » 26 Nov 2011, 10:30

Hi Eddie,
My advice would be to not use toilet paper at all unless there is no alternative.
Instead use the showerhead, squat down in the shower and clean the area like that. Then pat dry with a towel. Do that for a month and see how it goes.
FreshfromSurgery
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Spasm or Irritated Tear???

Postby StevePain » 26 Nov 2011, 14:17

The pain your feeling is most likely fecal matter rubbing the wound on the way out, this is more so when the BM's are very sloppy or sticky, make sure you clean the area with cotton wool dipped in warm water and don't leave any debris behind no matter how small, you can check this by using a mirror then pat the area dry with a towel like FreshfromSurgery suggested, also if you have a bath, dry the anus with a hair dryer on a warm setting, hope this helps.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45