What does "chronic" really mean?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

What does "chronic" really mean?

Postby beachgirl » 22 Nov 2011, 21:40

i am seeing my crs again next week and though she said i don't have an AF any more i still have pain.
is that what chronic means?
she said i had a thrombosis. then why the pain? i am confused and thinking of surgery, tired of having this run my life.
thanks
beachgirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: What does "chronic" really mean?

Postby jenny2 » 22 Nov 2011, 22:27

i understand what u are going thru beach girl. my crs told me also that the fissure is gone but i have continued to have pain off and on. now i see another small cut again, so it is back to crs tomm.. i am sick of this bs.. ruining my life... Image
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby dwarfs8 » 23 Nov 2011, 00:14

Thrombosis is of piles. I have both fissure which healed and then I have issues with a prolapsed piles. U might want to ask for surgery of the piles if it's still causing u pain daily..
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue1962 » 23 Nov 2011, 06:36

Thrombosis is a hemi that has been bleeding and has developed a clot. It is usually a bluish purple color and causes severe pain. Believe me, I know the pain...I had one several years ago and the general surgeon numbed it and then lanced it and pulled the clot out..put some packing in and sent me on my way. Was 100% better the next day. The only thing, he missed my fissure!! That's when my nightmare started. I continued to have pain and on my follow up I told him...He inspected a little further and found the fissure... I have been on creams, ointments, sitz baths.. for 3 years. It heals and retears. This being the worst. Have an appt with a CRS next week.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby BrokenBuckeye » 23 Nov 2011, 10:02

I have had a couple of hemi thrombosis. I feel your pain! My doctor told me that the pain can be so bad, people have passed out. However, he said that they usually resolve in several days (don't know if I trust that).
While I won't go near steroids now (aggravates my fissure, thins skin), in the past I have had rapid relief of hemi thrombosis from a product called Proctofoam.

BrokenBuckeye
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Guest » 23 Nov 2011, 13:47

beachgirl wrote:i am seeing my crs again next week and though she said i don't have an AF any more i still have pain.
is that what chronic means?
she said i had a thrombosis. then why the pain? i am confused and thinking of surgery, tired of having this run my life.
thanks

Chronic with a fissure means older than 6 weeks and still active.