is it an infection now? Gosh

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

is it an infection now? Gosh

Postby dwarfs8 » 26 Nov 2011, 01:28

i don't get it. Everything is doing well for me for about 3 months already, except for my occasional prolapse of my internal hemm. Then just last Monday, i was woken up with a great itch and some pain in the wee hours of the morning. I applied aloe vera and felt much better, the next few days was absolutely painless. Then suddenly last thu, the slight abrasion pain and itch came back again. Today is the 3rd day after applying aloe vera, and it seems to get worse. I took a pic and saw this pinkish red patch near the edge of my anus. I have emailed the pic to my CRS and he said it looks like very dry skin, but he's concerned about fungal infection. So i'm supposed to see him next Monday for a better examination...
I'm scared.. i don't know what's wrong. My fissure should be almost healed, i don't have pain during BM. I always made sure it's clean after BM cos i wash it with a spray head and pat dry with toilet paper. I have never scratched there nor put any lotion lately. I don't have hard stools and now the patch is external, not internal.
I'm trying to conceive again this month and i'm really not sure if i should take anti-fungal medication.. I know i'm worrying too much, but i can't help it..
anyone has similar experience? Pls share.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Re: is it an infection now? Gosh

Postby shakeit » 26 Nov 2011, 13:25

Hi Dwarfs
If it is a fungal skin infection then some anti fungal cream like canesten will probably clear it up pretty quickly I would think, so don't worry. I wonder if it may be worth leaving the aloe vera off for a while just so there is nothing but tap water thats coming in contact with your skin.
shakeit
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby dwarfs8 » 28 Nov 2011, 23:58

thank god my CRS said it's not an infection! it's just very dry skin around 10-2 o'clock, and on examination, he said it's getting better and probably bcos of the aloe vera i've applied prior to seeing him... hopefully it'll heal completely!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 29 Nov 2011, 06:45

Hey Dwarfs
I have an internal hemi too, how do you know if it is acting up?? The only reason I know I have it is b/c when they did my colonoscopy. Do they hurt or bleed??
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby dwarfs8 » 29 Nov 2011, 07:29

Sue1962 wrote:Hey Dwarfs
I have an internal hemi too, how do you know if it is acting up?? The only reason I know I have it is b/c when they did my colonoscopy. Do they hurt or bleed??

Hi sue! ya, internal hems start to act up when it prolapse out of the anus. When it does so, it will have a raw feeling, sometimes stinging and uncomfortable if it stays out. Some will bleed with internal hem, but mine didn't, so I thank god, cos that means mine isn't that serious.
dwarfs8
King Fissure