Anyone else with skin tags?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone else with skin tags?

Postby FinnsMom » 27 Nov 2011, 13:32

If anyone else on here has skin tags could you please offer me some advice? I have one, a big one, and I feel like I may have developed another one yesterday. They are so painful, I can't even touch them. Nothing I do seems to help really. Would putting ice down there help? I have Lidocaine but have been afraid to touch down there with even a q-tip because it is so painful.
Thanks for any advice!
FinnsMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Anyone else with skin tags?

Postby BrokenBuckeye » 27 Nov 2011, 18:16

I can empathize. I have a large tag that I suspect to be the greatest source of my AF pain.
I have tried everything for relief from the pain. Lidocaine did nothing for me, but if you have it, I would give it a try. A lot of people seem to get relief from nitro cream. For me, sitting on a heating pad gives some relief.
As for ice, I was told not to use it. Everyones situation is different, so I would contact your CRS and see what they say about it.
BrokenBuckeye
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby dwarfs8 » 27 Nov 2011, 19:41

i have a small skin tag but it's not painful, the pain comes from my fissure in the past. I think it's best to consult ur crs and if necessary to remove the skin tag during LIS, if you decide to go ahead with it...
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby FinnsMom » 27 Nov 2011, 23:50

Thanks guys! I will give the heating pad a try. My next appointment isn't until Dec. 19th which just seems so far away. I mean I can barely walk around when it really starts to hurt, like today. I don't even notice fissure pain, just this stupid tag!
Oh BTW Buckeye, I'm from Ohio too so hello :)
FinnsMom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Haley » 28 Nov 2011, 02:20

Hi FinnsMom,
I have a skintag... and sometimes i don't know if it's the skintag, hemmoroids or my fissure causing the most pain! It's so hard to see what's going on down there sometimes....
Good luck with it! 19th Dec wll be here before you know it. xx
Haley
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Sue1962 » 28 Nov 2011, 07:22

Hey Finnsmom,
I have a skintag too!!! It is the source of most of my pain. My husband (poor guy always looking at my butt and giving me a report) says the fissure runs from the inside of my O right into the tag. The burning is severe and I have spasms for hours after a BM...walking is the only thing that helps along with warm soaks and advil is a lifesaver. When I am not at work if it is really bad I take a 1/2 a xanax to help. I have a high pain tolerence but I have been at my wits end a few times. Hope you feel better soon.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 28 Nov 2011, 20:50

Hi Finnsmom,
I had one too. It was very painful and I agree it could be worse than the fissure. I had the stupid thing taken off with my LIS over a year ago. Best decision I could have made!! It was an option for me to leave it and really hard to make the decision to have more work done but I am so Happy I braved up and did it!!
I wish I could tell you something that really worked for me but baths were about the only thing that would shrink it just a little. Image I hope you feel better soon too! I did set on a heating pad 24/7. I damaged my skin so be careful with that too as it can cause permanent damage to the skin.

Postby Quiggles » 29 Nov 2011, 06:08

I have a skin tag as well and I think my fissure causes the most pain but I as well get the severe burning which is the worse of it I think :( Good luck and I hope the heating pad works for you.
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8