Another sufferer

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Another sufferer

Postby Anemone » 01 Dec 2011, 06:40

Hi
At the risk of repeating what's already been said on here many times, I am suffering with an AF, which I suspect I have had for a couple of months, but was only picked up by my doctor 4 days ago. I did see a locum at my doctor's about a month ago but she couldn't see anything, although the symptoms were there, which is why I think it's been this long.
I'm in the same pain everyone else seems to be in Image and going to work is really difficult, but I have to go. It is taking over my life at the moment and I just seem to survive from BM to BM, hoping that each time it will be easier.
Anyway, it's good to know I'm not completely alone, even though most of the time it feels like it!
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Another sufferer

Postby Davo » 01 Dec 2011, 06:53

I am new here to Anemone. Whilst i no longer suffer during the BM the following 4-5 hours make my life hell - travelling to work is the most awful experience and it ruins weekends too.
I have gained a little help from this board in some ways but not in others. I guess i read other threads about people having AF for years, people undergoing surgery and medications that dont seem to work. So i try and be as positive as i can and try and believe this is all going to be over in a few weeks.
Its strange to think how something so small can affect your life in such a way. I have a ten hour flight next work and just thinking about it makes me feel sick.
Anyway welcome to the board - I hope everything turns out well for you.
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby StevePain » 01 Dec 2011, 07:35

Welcome to the board Anemone, the good news is that you've found us!!.. The other good news is that you may have a good chance of healing your fissure if you've only had it a couple of months if you follow a strict regime. You'll also get plenty of answers to your questions right here and all the help and advice anyone could ask for.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Anemone » 01 Dec 2011, 14:53

Like you Davo, the BM itself isn't painful, but the next few hours are. Then of course you dread the next BM as you've started to feel a little more human after a few hours! I sympathise and hope your flight isn't too bad.
Thanks for your encouraging words StevePain. I do hope you're right and I've caught it early enough. The doctor did say it was a reasonable sized one Image but I'm doing all I can - fibre, water, baths, magnesium etc etc. It just feels at this point that it's never going to go away. There are some very useful posts on here and I'll keep reading...
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby dwarfs8 » 01 Dec 2011, 19:12

hi there, if you need some more ideas on how to heal without surgery, u get search for a thread "my success story". Healing depends largely on individual, so that's for ur reference. If all else fails and u had enough, do opt for LIS. Most ppl here has good results from it.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Anemone » 01 Dec 2011, 20:22

Thanks dwarfs8. Your post makes good sense. I'm already doing a lot of what you suggest so here's hoping it all comes together and it heals itself.
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby wecc » 02 Dec 2011, 06:33

Hi Anemone!
Just one word of advice….be PROATCIVE…not reactive!!!! It seems that I as well as many healed and then just went back to the same ways they were prior to their AF. Also, many just did some things here and there to heal. If you are right at the beginning of this, you have the opportunity of healing and perhaps not getting worse!!!! I wish I had had some of this advice when I first got my AF…I still might not be here…good luck and get to work on healing that AF now....believe me you will be very happy you did
http://anal-fissure.org/t3924-very-promising-article
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Anemone » 02 Dec 2011, 06:35

I hear you! Belive me, if and when this thing heals I will never take it for granted again!
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Sue1962 » 02 Dec 2011, 07:39

Hi Anemone,
I have been on this board for a couple of months, it has given me a very positive outlook on this mess and made me realize how many people have this condition, but you never hear anyone talk about it. The feeling like you are alone is terrible so this forum really helps with that. I have suffered for 3 years!!! Going from no pain, to retear, to retear, I tried all the conventional creams and ointments and changed my diet significantly. I would be doing great not eating anything I shouldn't and drinking my water and I would retear for no reason. The creams and ointments stopped working and just became very irritating. So, I too have opted for LIS, I want my life back, tired of beating a dead horse!!! The spasms you are experiencing post BM are the main reason I am doing this. They overtake your life!!! Thank goodness I walk all day, I can't imagine having to sit at a desk..There is no way I could do that. Good luck trying to heal you AF, but If it doesn't heal in a couple of months, or you keep on retearing, find a good CRS and have the surgery, you will know when you just can't take it anymore!! Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Anemone » 02 Dec 2011, 09:23

Thanks so much Sue. I can't imagine 3 years of it. I'm not sure how you cope - but I guess you have to.
It's my day off today and I'm lying in bed trying to have a 'healing' day. Post BM not too bad today but I'm wondering if that's because I lay down after my bath and am trying to relax. If only I could do that every day!
Anemone
Salt Bather