Does anal fissures promote external Hemms?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Does anal fissures promote external Hemms?

Postby JR » 01 Dec 2011, 09:06

Hey guys
I really need some help here today.
Yesterday I was at work all day sitting in a chair, I did get up sometimes but I kept feeling something in well around my anus. Like a lump. I got home and looked in the mirror and saw about twice the size of a pea. its weird its the same color as my skin and is so painful to touch. Is this a skin tag or a hem??? does anal fissures cause hemms sometimes??
Any ideas guys?
Appreciate it.
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: Does anal fissures promote external Hemms?

Postby StevePain » 01 Dec 2011, 14:04

It could be an external hemmorhoid, I would see your GP about it.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 01 Dec 2011, 14:48

Jr, I'd lean more towards it being a skin tag since your fissure is chronic. I'd have your CRS take a look though.
I'm also not saying this because I believe you have an infection in any way shape or form so don't freak out cause I'd be willing to bet you have developed a skin tag, BUT- I think many people in this forum may not be aware that there is a risk of developing an abscess with a fissure even without LIS. As a matter of fact, I believe that's what pushed one of our older boardies into having LIS, so that is something that everyone should think about and keep an eye on...

Postby dwarfs8 » 01 Dec 2011, 19:17

it could be either a skin tag/hemms, do get check out. I have internal hemms prior to fissure and it's the size of a pea. When i'm almost healed from my fissure, my internal piles started to prolapse for only God knows why!! Thank God, it's not causing me much pain, only once in a while. When it prolapse, it's red and looks very angry outside of my anus. It is painful to touch, so u wld certainly feel pain when you sit down or has friction on it.
One of the main reason why we have hemms / anal fissure is straining and pushing during BM so it's quite common to have hemms and anal fissures at the same time. Good thing too, the way to heal them are also about the same, though once if you have piles, it won't go away unless you surgically remove it. The only way is to manage them from further damage and not to bother you. If you like to get some ideas on healing w/o surgery, read up on the thread "my success story".
Back here in Singapore, we have many hemms sufferers, but seldom anal fissures. UNFORTUNATELY, i'm always in the minority. And my CRS told me recently that it's RARE to have someone heal from it without surgery. THANK GOD, i'm in THIS MINORITY!!! AT LAST SOMETHING GOOD!!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19