Having a wobbly moment

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Having a wobbly moment

Postby Anemone » 14 Dec 2011, 06:11

I saw my doctor yesterday. He said it looks slightly better than 2 weeks ago and said he wants to see me again in a week. He has prescribed me some stronger pain meds and diazepam to take at night as I'm turning into a basket case and cry too easily these days. He also said he is going to refer me.
I got home from work and there was a message from his office telling me I have an appointment at the hospital on Dec 22. I have to phone his office about meds I need to take before the appointment and will also ask exactly who I am going to be seeing and what to expect.
I'm sure this is good news, but I have to admit I'm scared!
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Sue1962 » 14 Dec 2011, 06:18

I am a bit confused. Are you having surgery or just a consult?? I am assuming a proceedure, since you are going to the hospital. You will be fine!! I am scared too, my surgery in in January, although very anxious, relieved that this will soon behind me. I would def follow up with a phone call to see exactly they are going to do. Here in the US, we ususally have a consult and exam in the office and then go from there. Good luck with everything and pleases keep us posted
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Anemone » 14 Dec 2011, 18:04

I phoned my doctor's office today and she didn't seem to know what was going to happen at my appointment which wasn't much use. I know the guy I'm seeing is a general surgeon and I know I have to take a suppository (laxitive) before the appt, but that's all I know.
In the middle of another wobbly moment just now as I seem to back to square one since my doctor examined me yesterday. Are these things easy to open up again during an examination, if they have started to heal?
The thought of another appt with my doctor next Tuesday followed by the hospital next Thursday just makes me think I will be so sore over Christmas.
Do you think we will ever stop being scared?
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby scociejones » 14 Dec 2011, 19:26

I have had this problem on and off for many years. I went to a doctor for an exam last week-a gastontologist. He did the exam and the pain has intensified more than one hundred percent since the exam. i have called his office sever times in tears to no avail. The pain is unbearable and I can not get an appt with surgeon for two months. Nothing helps or stops the spasms. The only thing to give me releif is something to put me to sleep and drink lots of alcohol until i pass out. I want to die it hurts so bad.
scociejones

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Dec 2011, 06:20

I know how horrible this is and totally consumes your life and feeling like you want to die because of the pain!!!! I am so sorry you guys are going through this. My exam was not that bad thank god!!! when I was having all that pain I would take Advil 800mg, and soak in some nice warm water, it really did take the edge off. May scociejones you can get some Valium or Xanax to help with the spasms, it really does help!!! I never really got scared b/c of the AF, just pissed off!!! I am hoping with my upcoming surgery this will all be over with soon. Good luck to both and hope you feel better soon
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Anemone » 15 Dec 2011, 06:23

This is exactly what I'm afraid of - having the exam and being back to square one. I feel I am now since I saw my doctor on Tuesday. Pain is just as it was and I had felt it was a little better until he examined me.
I think he gave me 'depressents' and placebo painkillers too :-( With 2 exams looming next week followed by a road trip of 12 hours and having to be cheerful over Christmas I feel as though I'm fighting a losing battle.
Thanks Sue. You always have kind words even though you're suffering yourself Image
Anemone
Salt Bather