Having a wobbly moment

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Having a wobbly moment

Postby Anemone » 07 Dec 2011, 14:18

After a relatively good yesterday when I thought 'maybe I am actually getting better', today just feels like I've taken a backward step. Still doing everything I should be, including now taking epsom salt baths whenever possible (I feel like a mermaid) so why am I not feeling better?
I'm half way through the 3 weeks my doctor said I should wait before I get back to him and every day feels like Groundhog Day. Just sitting here it feels as though I can actually feel the fissure (not with my fingers, but actually feel it) which I couldn't before. BMs are not painful in themselves, and I shower immediately after rather than wiping, and then go straight in a bath. The pain that usually builds after a BM is not as intense as it was, but this lesser pain seems to last all day, including the sensation that I can feel the fissure is there.
Does any of this make sense I wonder! I do actually feel more upbeat this last couple of days and haven't cried since Sunday, but now I'm starting to feel that 'low' coming on again. Help!!
Has anyone tried Proctomyxin out of interest?
Anemone
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Having a wobbly moment

Postby Sue1962 » 07 Dec 2011, 15:57

I know exactly where you are coming from!! I have had this (naughty naughty) for 3 years!! It did great for a while, then I had a few issues last winter and this past May was horrific!!! I tried to heal it with all the creams, oints, baths, but nothing worked..The all day spasms are awful and I have to work...At least I am up walking all day..lol It totally makes sence, Up and down like a yo yo..I am done!! LIS in January for me!!! so tired of pain and I have a high tolerence for pain...ready to be normal. I think out of 7 months, I have felt"normal" maybe 6 weeks. Never heard of Proctomyxin before.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Anemone » 07 Dec 2011, 19:29

3 years!! Don't know how you've coped this long. You sound so upbeat about it. What else can you do though?
I feel better after a bath and doing nothing but lying on the sofa! Wobbly moment over for now :)
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Sue1962 » 08 Dec 2011, 06:35

I really don't know what else to do!! I have just swithched to Miralax, since everyone on here loves it. I was taking 1 TBSP of MOM and took 1 tsp of Miralax in prune juice last night and had a stomach ache all night, but boy did I go this morning...so I am thinking I had alot backed up and this broke it loose, will try again tonight, hopefully no stomach ache. Needless, to say hurting this morning, spasms are pretty bad. I don't know how I have coped this long either, but I am done coping. I was so scared of the surgery, but feel it is my only chance of having a normal life again. Monday was so bad at work, spasms all day, burning, I just wanted to die!!! I am anxously counting the days until my surgery, 32 to go. All I can say is watch your diet, soak, take whatever stool softeners work for you, good luck I hope things heal up for you
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby alpinestrawberry » 08 Dec 2011, 08:11

Three years is a long time. I lived with it for five. And I've seen others on here who said that they'd had it for ten years, once I think someone even had it for 15 years!
I think it just comes and goes and tricks you into thinking it will disappear forever (that's what it did to me). When I first got it it healed and went away for a year or so, and when it would reoccur it wasn't a big deal and it would heal again quickly and go away for months on end. But for me it followed a gradual progression, getting worse and worse over time until eventually the tears would no longer heal up at all. And then I did the surgery.
I totally understand the pain you say you're feeling. I had it too. Sue is right, try the Miralax. It helped me a lot when I was at my worst. Hang in there, and keep seeing the doctor!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Anemone » 08 Dec 2011, 10:31

Thanks Sue and Strawberry. I feel really bad for moaning when I've only had it 5 minutes compared to you two.
I'm just a bit afraid to try the Miralax or anything similar. My BMs are already soft and regular (usually once a day) so I didn't think I needed to take anything like that.
Do you think I should try it?
Also, forgive my ignorance, but you all talk about the spasms after a BM - is this the pain I feel? (the sore feeling that doesnt' go for hours after)
Thanks for your support Image
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Sue1962 » 09 Dec 2011, 06:33

Hey Anemone
Yes it does sound like you are having spasms. My b-hole gets so damn tight, a pipe cleaner wouldn't even fit...LOL not that I would try but thats how tight it gets for hours after BM. It's like a charlie horse in the b hole that can last for hours. I have found Advil helps me alot. Also, I was afraid of the Miralax too, but I started with 1 tsp not a whole capful b/c my system is so delicate, I have done that for 2 nights and it seems to be working. I think I will up it just a bit tonight as I am not quite where I want to be, still have to push a little to get things moving. If you are having soft and regular BM's I would just continue doing what your doing. Hang in there!! Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Anemone » 09 Dec 2011, 07:48

Thanks Sue, I think I will. Had a really bad day yesterday and today is going the same way. Not been pain free at all, even ovenight. It almost feels like there's more going on than there was. Feels internal as well as external, which it wasn't before. Not sure how this can be as I'm doing everything I can and not damaged myself in any way.
Am just hanging in there until Monday when I can go back to my doctor and plead for help.
Very worried about work too. Not sure I can go to work feeling like this. Not sure I can do much feeling like this to be honest. Image
Anemone
Salt Bather

Postby Sue27uk » 11 Dec 2011, 06:40

Anemone, I'm really sorry to hear about your pain. I've been through it this year with a gynae op and then all this. I am approaching 9 months with this fissure pain and hassle and I've had enough. Sue and Alpine you totally deserve a medal. I have recently had botox done (which seems to have made things worse - I'm not a great advert!!), but it may be worth a try if you can get it over there. Apparantly here in the UK, you have to wait on average 2 years to get LIS. But I think I've had an allergic reaction to the botox, so am going back to the docs this week to see what he says! Itching driving me crazy!! Keep to your regime, it took me about 5 months to feel the benefit until I was almost pain free (before the botox). Really hope you can get to see the doc and get some help soon :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Anemone » 11 Dec 2011, 09:35

Thanks Sue, am going to try and see the doctor tomorrow. Not sure how things work over here either. I am from the UK and only been here a year and a half. My doc did say give it 3 weeks and if it's no better he'll refer me to a clinic at the local hospital, but I'm not sure what that will mean.
It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow since I started the diltiazem and I feel just the same as before I went to the doctors in the first place.
I'm so worried about work too. I work on a reception desk so have to be bright and breezy and sympathetic with the patients who come in (when it's the last thing I feel like doing - what I really want to do is shout 'you're in pain? You want to try it from this side of the desk'!)
More than anything I'm worried about the way I feel so low and how I cry at the drop of a hat. I know I'm not alone. I'm sure the longer this goes on the worse it must be, and it's not been that long comparatively for me.
Sorry, moan over. You seem to have more than enough going on without hearing me rant. Thanks for your support, and I hope you get some relief soon.
Anemone
Salt Bather