spasms

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

spasms

Postby wecc » 11 Dec 2011, 08:02

Hello All…question in regards to spasms. Sometime they are so bad for several hours, I cannot even talk and the next day…it’s just a short pain for a short hour or so. Anybody know why? Also what if anything has worked for you to reduce the spasms?
I chose to have an AD rather than a LIS next week. I went to the hospital last week had the blood test and EKG, I take off a week from work. I am ready to rock and roll and have this done...going to take this baby on....I am in a good place...
Well Friday I receive a call from the nurse...she have to push the AD back 6 weeks to two months....the CRS got hurt in a car accident!!!! Image So now I have to deal with this for a bit longer and looking for any suggestion about spasms
Thank you!!!
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: spasms

Postby Deleted User 579 » 11 Dec 2011, 09:31

Oh no, Wecc!! That really sucks! Just when you're ready to get the AD and finally get relief, your doc gets into a car accident! Man, that's seriously rotten luck! Image
I hope your doc is ok.
Spasms are evil! For me, there would be really bad days when I couldn't walk, sit or breath. Other days would be a bit better. But I never found any reason for the difference.
The only thing that really worked for me was extra-strength Robaxacet, sometimes with an ibuprofen too. This didn't completely eliminate the pain, but it did help take the edge off it for a while. Others here said that sitting on a heating pad helped them (it didn't really work for me, but it did seem to do the job for many other folks).
I'm so sorry you have to wait so long for your surgery. Hang in there, buddy! You will beat this demon!
Deleted User 579

Postby wecc » 11 Dec 2011, 09:39

It is what is is hopetoheal. The DR is ok...just has to go to PT. When the nurse called, I thought it was my wife playing a joke on me. I kept saying "ha ha" into the phone and the nurse kept saying "no really Mr. ____.
I am just going to have to deal. As I said in my other posts, afte much research and speaking with others, I decided to go for a AD rather than a LIS. This is the only Dr within 100 miles that does this new AD.
Hey the fact is, things could also be worse. If this is the worst thing to happen in my life in reagrd to a med issue...I am one luckly person!
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Deleted User 579 » 12 Dec 2011, 09:37

You've got a great attitude, Wecc! I agree with you here, and in your other posts - it is what it is, and you've got to research and go forward.
That nurse must have a pretty funny story to tell her friends now! :D
Deleted User 579