2 Weeks: Post-op Follow-up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

2 Weeks: Post-op Follow-up

Postby BrokenBuckeye » 12 Dec 2011, 23:00

Had my 2 week follow-up with CRS today. I had been pain free for over a week; ironically, no sooner than I got into my truck to drive the 45 miles to the CRS, I started to have some spasm like pain. I'm hoping that it was either caused by taking out a heavy bag of trash or from a combination of a worn out seat and cotton putting pressure on the surgical site. Regardless, it was tolerable (though it did make me a little anxious), and subsided after about an hour.
CRS said that everything looked to be healing nicely and pathology report came back clean! :D Exactly what I wanted to hear. However, just to be safe, he did caution me to take it easy for another 2 weeks.
As for personal observations: occasional minor pain, zero incontinence, minor itching (partly due to stubble from shaving), and mostly regular/pain free BMs.
I'm starting to get back into a regular routine and enjoying a burst of productivity.
So far, so good... no regrets!
BrokenBuckeye
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Re: 2 Weeks: Post-op Follow-up

Postby Sue1962 » 13 Dec 2011, 06:37

Congrats Buckeye!!!! If I am remembering correctly, you had more than just LIS right?? I hope I do well after my surgery and heal quickly with no infection!! Just having LIS 1/09/12. Very anxious about the whole ordeal, but ready to feel better!! Continue to heal well and pain free, and listen to the doc and rest for a couple of more weeks..NO HEAVY LIFTING....LOL
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Away PITA! » 13 Dec 2011, 08:59

Ease back into activity...be patient...I speak from experience...glad you are doing well!!!
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 13 Dec 2011, 09:00

Congratulations Buckeye! Image I'm so thrilled for you! :D The minor pain may linger off and on for a while, but it sounds like you are just rockin'.
One thing, though, my friend, if I may get bossy with you for a moment: NO HEAVY LIFTING!! That is off-limits for another few weeks - boardies' orders! Image
I'm so please you are doing so great. Please keep us updated. Happy endings make my day. :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Tim » 13 Dec 2011, 09:10

Congrats! Glad to read you're on the mend. Take it easy, it's a long road!
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby BrokenBuckeye » 13 Dec 2011, 10:29

Thank you, to all!
Sue: Yes, I also had sentinel pile removed and fissurectomy. I was anxious too! Understandable and completely justified; albeit, more a fear of the unknown! It's really not as bad as you think. Try to focus on the outcome, not the obstacle.
Hopestoheal: Orders noted. No worries, I'm going to listen to the voice of experience and take it easy until after the holidays. Now, if I could just get my German Shepherd to ignore deer; nothing like a 120 Lb dog pulling you on a leash!
Again, thanks to each and everyone on the board for the generous support and encouragement; this forum is a lifesaver.
Proud member of the Fraternal Order of the Fissure,
Jay
BrokenBuckeye
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 13 Dec 2011, 12:04

Thanks for those words Jay, it means alot and I am sure I will be thinking of those exact words focus on the outcome not the obstacle as I am being wheeled into the OR...I will be thinking of all of you that have reassured me, made me laugh and aswered my questions. I am a huge anxious baby...LOL, I know in the long run, I have made the right decision!!! Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36