Update!! (Good news)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Update!! (Good news)

Postby jnvlv247 » 14 Dec 2011, 01:20

So I saw the CRS doctor on 12/5 and it was right after I got back from vacation for a week in Florida. I had been taking Miralax for like a week and had no pain and good BMs the whole time on vacation.
He looked at it and I FINALLY was prescribed Diltiazem!! He said the fissure was healing and he would follow up in a month, but to call if it flared up again. Since then, going to the bathroom is not stressful anymore and I have been pain free since around Thanksgiving. I am still on softener and the fiber diet and avoiding bad stuff. The cream is working and I think I just need to be patient with it!!
The only thing is today there was blood but no pain. I think I slipped and had something that had a little too much spice in it. Also, I think nerves play a big role in my BMs. I had a dentist appointment and that made me nervous and that may have caused some stress on the muscle there. I am guessing that because I had the same thing before I saw the CRS doctor.
Ohh and the CRS doctor did say it was OK to weight lift as long as it doesn't bother me and of course to start light and not stress too much-avoid squats and things like that. Is that OK?? I had taken like 3-4 weeks off already and I just returned to the gym this week.
So, I wanna gain strength and gain weight back that I lost :( It's hard to stuff your face now cuz I know I cannot just eat everything
Thanks guys, I love this forum, it has really helped keep me on par with all this stuff. I wanted to update sooner but this has honestly moved back on my priorities since it hasn't bothered me in a while.
jnvlv247
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Update!! (Good news)

Postby val » 14 Dec 2011, 02:38

This is just my experience, everyone is different......but the cream helped the pain of mine too, but didn't heal it.
I'm not totally sure that anything we eat (unless it causes constipation of course!) really affects it. I know every time mine retore or bled, I would look for a reason for it happening and blame something I ate or did the day before. But then came to the conclusion that there were good days and bad days with it, it could flare up for absolutely no reason, and the damn thing was there whatever I ate or did! I eventually had the LIS..... and just wished I'd had it sooner!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Davo » 14 Dec 2011, 03:00

Val,
Funny you should say that because i have been having doubts about whether certain foods actually affect it more than others. Naturally very spicy food can have an adverse effect but my BM's have been larger and more sore over the past two and i have been looking at my food diary to try and see what could have caused it. both days were similar with bran flakes, wholemeal bread sandwiches, prune yoghurts, fresh fruit and soups each evening so i am starting to wonder how strict i actually need to be.
I actually got a feeling from the CRS that eating lots of fibre only helps if you have constipation but its more important to keep the BM's soft if you are regular already.
jnvlv247 - Sorry to hijack your thread a little there and great to see you are recovering. I questioned my gym sessions to the CRS and asked if it was advisable to return - I mainly do cardio and he said the treadmill and cross-trainers are fine but exercise bikes are a no-no. I dont really use weights but i guess providing you dont strain too much it cant be a problem can it?
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby dwarfs8 » 14 Dec 2011, 05:46

Hi there, im happy for u that u got better! What u said is absolutely true, stress plays a big part of the pain, ESP stressing over bm. When we stress at it, we tense up, the muscles will tense up too, and no matter how soft it is, we'll feel some pain!
Sometimes, my food diary doesn't give me a clue on why it still hurts, so I'll apply my aloe Vera when it does and tell myself it shall be better tmr!
Toasts to pain free days!!!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby jnvlv247 » 18 Dec 2011, 15:08

So no pain for almost 4 weeks now but it is still there
Maybe a little soreness after a BM but no spasms and I can walk fine after lol
I guess I am getting inpatient but I know it will heal eventually right? I have been consistent with softeners and my diet. I read that fissures can take months to heal right?
I wish it were gone but these last 4 weeks have been better than the past few months. Sooo is my fissure healing now or is it just plateauing?
jnvlv247
Fibre Addict

Postby sputnik » 18 Dec 2011, 15:27

I am so happy for you and hope it keeps up.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Davo » 21 Dec 2011, 05:17

jnvlv247,
I am getting to a similar stage as you from GTN - The pain is averaging 1 to 2 out of 10 each day and i have to continue using the GTN for a further three weeks.
Although i feel considerably better than i did at the start the fissure does not look like it has healed that much.
Should we interpret complete pain relief as healing?
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby dkr » 28 Dec 2011, 12:22

A couple months ago i believed i was healing. Having almost no pain during or following my BM. But here i am in the absolute worse pain in my life. Whatever it is that you are doing do not let up on it. I started to go back to my original lifestyle and it really bit me in the ass(metaphorically and literally).
dkr
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby jnvlv247 » 30 Dec 2011, 19:58

Well it's been a full month and a few days since any pain or bleeding during and after BMs :D It's nstill there though, as sometime there may be soreness but that's the extent of any kind of discomfort/pain and it goes away quickly
jnvlv247
Fibre Addict