Having surgery tomorrow

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Having surgery tomorrow

Postby ravi » 21 Dec 2011, 12:33

I am back. Have colonoscopy + LIS and fistulla tomorrow. The liquid diet sucks
ravi
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Having surgery tomorrow

Postby JR » 21 Dec 2011, 14:56

wow you have the works I must say. hope everything goes well. But I cant help but notice " I am back" what happen the first time!!!
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby fissurepaingy » 21 Dec 2011, 15:03

Good luck Ravi. You won't regret taking this important step. I had the same surgery back in August, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I hope your experience goes as smoothly as mine did. Stay positive.
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby ravi » 21 Dec 2011, 16:17

jr. I had joined the forum 2 yrs back. At that time I only had a nasty fissure that did not go away for a year and had schedules LIS but one week before the fissure vanished and I cancelled the surgery. The Fissure did not show up for a year and then it showed up again and now a fistulla and hence I am back....
Fissurepaingy: thanks. I have had this pain enough and am positive that life gets back to normal after surgery.
ravi
Salt Bather

Postby dwarfs8 » 22 Dec 2011, 03:33

ravi wrote:jr. I had joined the forum 2 yrs back. At that time I only had a nasty fissure that did not go away for a year and had schedules LIS but one week before the fissure vanished and I cancelled the surgery. The Fissure did not show up for a year and then it showed up again and now a fistulla and hence I am back....
Fissurepaingy: thanks. I have had this pain enough and am positive that life gets back to normal after surgery.

ravi, reading your post makes me afraid... i hope my fissure is really gone for good. Last seen my CRS early this month and he mentioned that my fissure is healing well since i don't have pain from it anymore..
when ur fissure shows up lately, did you tear it again?
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby ravi » 22 Dec 2011, 06:54

Few hours to go before the surgery now...Dont be afraid. Fear worsens the fissure. If it was not chronic and has gone away it might have gone away for good. What I have learned in the last 5 years is that fissure is some way the body says that something is wrong. Find the underlying reason. Think if you are a worrier/anxiety or have an autoimmune problem like thyroid etc. Yoga helped me big time and all was normal when I did it. I think stress worsens fissure.
For you I would say that keep your diet in control. If you eat crazy for a day then make sure to drink lot of water and may be take a colase even if you dont have the fissure.
To answer your question after being fissure free for 18 months one fine day I got a spasm for no reason and it opened up real bad. I have learned how to control the fissure so was still having normal life but not sure what caused the fistulla.
ravi
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 22 Dec 2011, 08:45

Good luck Ravi! I'm sure your surgery will go brilliantly and soon you will be on the healing side of things. :)
Let us know how you're doing when you can. We're rooting for you! :D
Deleted User 579

Postby JR » 22 Dec 2011, 12:31

How did everything go ravi?? hoepfully well and your true road to recovery has commenced give some updates if you feel up to it
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby ravi » 22 Dec 2011, 15:25

Just came back.. Went to the drs office at 12.15 surgery started at 1.30 and was out at 3.00 and home by 3.45
Dr. said that he has given enough local anesthesia that will last for 4 hours and advised me to take percocet before anesthesia wears our. Just had lunch and took percocet. In the hindsight (no pun intended) I feel that I made the right decision..
My concern was pain after the process. Let me put it in context.
During my fissure a pain of 5 on scale of 10 made me uncomfortable, 8 was I need pain med and 10 I might pass away.
With fistulla the pain was between 4-6. Fissure + Fistulla pain was 8ish..
After waking up from surgery 1 - 2. Took percocet and after 20 minutes it is 0...
Feel free to ask questions
Will keep you posted..
ravi
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 22 Dec 2011, 15:34

Congratulations Ravi!! Image Image Image
Welcome to the other side! Image
I'm so glad everything went so well for you. You had quite a bit done, so give yourself lots of TLC.
Enjoy the painkillers, but don't forget those stool softeners! :D
Deleted User 579