Advantages to doing LIS sooner rather than later?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Advantages to doing LIS sooner rather than later?

Postby beachgirl » 22 Dec 2011, 09:28

i have had this AF for about 4 months. Is it better to do surgery sooner rather than later?
i am still going to give the botox a chance (another 4 weeks) but after that i think i can't go on any longer... even though i am scared.
i have a really hard time with antibiotics and ibuprofen, both give me tinnitus, so the only thing i can take are painkillers! fortunately i can manage them so they don't constipate me.
beachgirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Re: Advantages to doing LIS sooner rather than later?

Postby JR » 22 Dec 2011, 12:41

Well I know in my scenario when I went to my CRS the first time I should of just opted out of the creams and just went for LIS. Dilt. took my pain away(not everyday but some days) it was a big waste of four months in my opinion using the dilt.
I would say that four months is good enough indicator to say that bad boy is chronic. Im not sure who, but I am aware that if you catch it early enough the creams rather dilt or nitro may work. Just in my case didn't do a thing but put off my surgery for a longer time. I wouldn't even be afraid for LIS, its a scary subject but once you have it, you'll understand why there is no reason to be afraid. My first BM out of surgery was 10 times better than my best day with my fissure was really bad.
im not sure what the process for botox is since I never even gave it a try. But in all honesty if I was you, I would skip botox and just opt for LIS. Im sure when you feel ready, you will know it.
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: Advantages to doing LIS sooner rather than later?

Postby JR » 22 Dec 2011, 12:43

and I forgot to add im sure doing it sooner than later would be much better. The healing time is probably a lot quicker (im not exactly sure, just guessing) but I would ask your CRS. Just think about this... why spend an extra couple of months with a fissure if you can just heal it now Image
JR
Salt Bather

Topics: 17