Stool softeners making me sick?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Stool softeners making me sick?

Postby Bella Paradise » 27 Dec 2011, 21:54

Hey guys. For some strange reason I have been bloated for a few days (I've never been bloated before) and feeling sick. I dont know if it has something to do with the stool softeners. I'm just taking a generic drug store 100mg kind. I've been feeling nauseous, light headed, tired and not very hungry. I've been eating really bland foods. Rice, activia yogurts, soft ham, soft turkey...
Feeling sick from these stool softeners is 100 times worse than the rip in my butt. Which by the way, the stool softeners are making me probably feel sick and they aren't even making my stools soft enough! I mean they're pretty damn soft but I get ONE odd part when I go and the thing rips wide the f*** open again.
Someone help me. If I cant take these stool softeners because they're making me so sick, how am I suppose to keep my stool soft enough? BTW, I am not taking any medications that can be making me feel sick. I'm only taking birth control.
I've been crying for a few hours over here. Is there an alternative to these stool softeners?
Bella Paradise
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Stool softeners making me sick?

Postby dwarfs8 » 29 Dec 2011, 00:47

yes, i drink prune juice and take magnesium oxide 400mg daily. U can try out these too.
Alternatively, find another brand of softeners like movicol, which most people here have gd reviews
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby grannymaria » 04 Jan 2012, 18:13

Are the softeners OTC? Or did the doc prescribe? God bless u n give u healing soon sweetie..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Bella Paradise » 05 Jan 2012, 14:57

Well, I finished a bottle of 30 pills in an over the counter type of softener. It was just a generic walgreens or CVS drug store brand. Can't remember which one. The funny thing is, I remember I didn't start feeling sick until I was near finishing it, or when I bought a new bottle from walmart, which was this "Genuine Phillips" brand. It was the same thing though... 100 mg docusate sodium. I was taking it like twice a day with food.
I got SO effin' sick. I mean loss of appetite, boated, constipated, felt ill all of the time. I stopped using it for like a week or so and I felt instantly better. It kind of sucks not being on them, but I deal. Its not too painful when I go to the bathroom. I feel a lot better off of stool softeners. I guess I can try magnesium, but just want a softener, not a laxative?
Bella Paradise
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5