Had fissurectomy 24 hours ago - taking bandage off?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had fissurectomy 24 hours ago - taking bandage off?

Postby RedRose80 » 05 Jan 2012, 08:48

Hi all,
I'm a 27 year old woman who underwent a fissurectomy yesterday. There is gauze at the surgery site taped up. For anyone who has already had the surgery, when did you remove this dressing? I am a bit fearful b/c I don't want for my butt cheeks to get spread apart and want the fissure to properly heal.
Overall my surgery went well. The doc said I can eat whatever I want but I'm still a bit nervous about that. One side of my butt looks and feels perfectly fine but the other is black and blue, in pain and swollen making it difficult to sit on that side. I'm sure this is typical. So glad I finally had this surgery done. Image
RedRose80
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Had fissurectomy 24 hours ago - taking bandage off?

Postby Sue1962 » 05 Jan 2012, 16:51

I have read that most people get in a warm tub and soak and remove it in the tub!!! Glad u are feeling better!!! Hope you continue with painfree healing!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Had fissurectomy 24 hours ago - taking bandage off?

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2012, 20:40

I took the bandage off the next day after my LIS. I did it in a warm bath, it was pressed against the outside.