Hi all. I'm new.. :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi all. I'm new.. :)

Postby JJay » 11 Jan 2012, 11:47

HI everyone..
I have been on this site a few times in the last few weeks... It has really helped me out a lot!
I had my LIS on December 5. I was suffering with terrible pain since September. I thought it was hemmroids at first, but it turned out to be a fissure. As most of you know, the pain is almost unbearable... and it just never goes away.

My main reason for posting is to ask about recovery time. I was told 1--2 weeks recovery. It took me almost the full 2 weeks until I started to get up and at least try to get back to normal, but I keep having "set backs".. I am wondering if anyone else has had this? I had a skin tag removed too... and I really think that is where my pain and discomfort keeps coming from. I start to feel better for a few days. .then all of the sudden, I get this pulling , burning pain where the tag was removed.. I even get that gross discharge again... and I am really uncomfortable for a few days.. then it lessens and starts up again a few days after I THINK im on the road to recovery. I can't belive it. The terrible fissure pain is gone for the most part.... I am still taking stool softners and drinking prune juice.. to help everything go " smoothly" but... its this recurring pain and discomfort that I am getting worried about.
The nurse I spoke to on January 3rd said to expect it for at least 8 weeks... a fact I WISH they told me about before surgery, so I wouldn't have been so worried these past 5 weeks.
I would love to hear from anyone if they have had any similar issues.
Thanks so much!
JJAY
JJay
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Hi all. I'm new.. :)

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2012, 15:22

Hey Jay,
My tag took at least 6 weeks to heal pretty good. It takes awhile for that area to really heal and get strong again. I imagine your doctor just meant you would be able to function fairly well by two weeks.
It is a very slow process and can take months before you feel like it never happened... Everything you described sounds pretty normal to.

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2012, 15:24

ps...
Jay anything on that area can cause the burning/ irritation. The more you are able to rinse and let it air dry- the better IMO.

Postby JJay » 12 Jan 2012, 05:13

Dawn..
Thank you so much for your reply!
I had a really bad afternoon/evening yesterday.. I just dont understand! The first part of the day was ok.. then the "tag area" ( I think this is where the main pain is coming from ) started hurting .. and by night time.. I was in a LOT of pain! It was throbbing and hurting. Did you go through this too? I am in my 5th week ( Monday will be 6 since my surgery) I feel like it should be better by now.. I wonder if I should go see the doctor again..do skin tags ever reoccur?
I'm loosing it. UGH!
JJay
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 12 Jan 2012, 06:16

Jay,
I never experienced any throbbing pain or a lot of pain. Mine was just irritation for quite awhile but nothing that kept me up or steady.
I think it may be a good idea to have your CRS check things out- just to be sure there's no infection. I noticed you mentioned a discharge....I didn't have that either.
I was told by my CRS that skin tags shouldn't reoccur.