Anal Fissure laser surgery Post Operation

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal Fissure laser surgery Post Operation

Postby alexrose » 11 Jan 2012, 17:17

Hello Image Image I just had my laser surgery for my very large fissure as well as some small hemroids. Yesterday morning, and the procedure was done with local anesthetic which was a little painful but nothing like passing a stool with a fissure! Image So if any of you are worried about local anesthetic injections (like I was!) don't be. :) I am sore but I have some pain meds that help with any discomfort, I had my first bowel movement with the help of a fleet enema (which my doctor recommended). No pain like I had before surgery. The only thing is I am quite sore but other than that I feel absolutely wonderful! I recommend laser surgery if given the option. Image I will post when I go for my post op check up. Hope everyone is well or on the road to a better bottom! Image Image
alexrose
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Anal Fissure laser surgery Post Operation

Postby grannymaria » 11 Jan 2012, 17:27

Axlerose- is this same as Lis that I've been reading about? Glad ur doing great sweetie
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby alexrose » 11 Jan 2012, 17:57

Grannymaria- from what I have read on Lis my procedure is different Image the only similarity between the laser surgery I had and Lis is the local anesthetic and both can be out patient procedures. :oops: From what I read "LIS is usually done with a general anesthetic on an outpatient basis. In the procedure, a portion of the anal canal muscle is cut. The fissure itself is not removed, but any muscle spasms in the anus sphincter will be relieved." My doctor did not cut my anus sphincter, he just used a laser to remove excess scar tissue and make healthy tissue, he had said he was making the fissure bigger so it could heal correctly. He also cauterized some small internal hemroids. I hope I helped and made sense I'm sure you know what Lis is I just wanted to let you know the difference between my surgery and Lis. And thank you Image I hope all is well with you and I really do recommend laser surgery for fissures and hemroids wonderful option! If you have anymore questions feel free to ask me. Is be more than happy to answer them Image Image
alexrose
Fibre Addict

Postby grannymaria » 12 Jan 2012, 12:45

Thanks Alexrose - great info sweetie..
sorry that :oops: I wrote Axlerose yesterday :oops:
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby alexrose » 13 Jan 2012, 00:27

You're welcome grannymaria :D and no worries about the name difference. It was pretty close :D and I'm so glad I could answer your question to your previous post. Image
alexrose
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 00:29

alexrose -
I've heard of this procedure . . . and I'm wondering if it might be an option for me, too . . .
Please keep us updated with your progress.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby alexrose » 19 Jan 2012, 13:42

Sweet Bugaboo-
It's 9 days post op and I'm still having pain but I don't know if its because after I used the fleet enema for my first post op bowel movement it was painless but my next 2 bowel movements where hard and large I'm scared the doctors work is messed up :( I have my check up in about 2 weeks. Ill keep you updated. :)
alexrose
Fibre Addict

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 19 Jan 2012, 15:44

alexrose -
Oh, dear - Well, maybe you just need a little more healing time. I hope, I hope! and I'll pray for you.
Surely in two weeks you'll be much better.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 19 Jan 2012, 16:57

I think with laser surgery it is a longer healing time because they burn the fissure and tags if any. I am on day 10 and I worked like a horse today. Totally cleaned my guest room upstairs, new cutains up, move some furniture around, dusted, vaccumed, I can't wait to go back to work on Monday!!! I am really starting to go stir crazy!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby alexrose » 21 Jan 2012, 15:25

Sweet Bugaboo-
Thank you very much and yes I'm hoping and praying I just need more healing time. :) I will keep you updated. Image :D
alexrose
Fibre Addict