Post operation pain..how to deal with it

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Postby Kio » 15 Jan 2017, 16:34

It has been 4 weeks post op( fissurectomy and LIS).i still get bleeding sometimes...also my problem is I have to take painkillers (ketorolac) after BMs and sleep otherwise the pain becomes horrible and I m unable to walk..what do i of this situation as painkillers have started its side effects on me in terms of stomach ache and burning and dizziness??

Please help!!!!
Kio
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Post operation pain..how to deal with it

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Jan 2017, 16:43

Hi Kio, sorry to hear your still suffering.
I had LIS 8 weeks ago and the first 5 weeks the only painkillers that have worked for me in terms of actually stopping the pain and also not upsetting my very sensitive stomach are gabapentin...they were my life saver for a few weeks as I don't think I could have coped without them.
Also you can still use any cream you were using before your LIS I still use my GTN when I have a bad day with lots of BMs.
Fingers crossed you feel better soon
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: Post operation pain..how to deal with it

Postby Canadabum » 15 Jan 2017, 22:53

Hey Kio...welcome and so sorry to hear you are in such pain. I once used ketorolac after some dental surgery. I am not a Dr...my understanding is that it is a stronger non-steroidal anti inflammatory drug...kind of like a powerful Advil. If it is giving you problems you may want to simply try Advil instead. That said - I would speak with your Doc asap as side effects can be signs that you may want/need to stop a certain drug or compound.

Please keep us in the loop. Feel better!!

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19