Gas issues

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Gas issues

Postby Sue1962 » 11 Jan 2012, 18:08

Ok here I go again. On day 2 of LIS surgery. Feeling pretty damn good!!! Although, I have tons of gas and it is passing, but I had started taking Miralax 2x a day since yesterday b/c no BM yesterday. Did have a small one this morning, but now when passing gas I am having a little BM also, so off to the bathroom I go to sit and yes angel gas :oops: Hmmm, didn't have this problem the night of surgery or at all yesterday, but also no BM yesterday. I know it is not incontinence, it just started with the extra doses of Miralax. Just wondering if anyone else has delt with this?
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: Gas issues

Postby Sue1962 » 11 Jan 2012, 19:57

Well, I guess I answered my own question. It has stopped and sure it was from the Miralax, still going to do the 2x a day for a couple more days though.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2012, 20:01

Hey Sue,
It is very common for things to just slip out early post-op. I found a link for some info Kim posted about LIS and there's some stuff in their about incontinence. I know NG reported having an accident post-op. It's all temporary. Your butt is so swollen right now internally and externally....
http://anal-fissure.org/t1850-surgery-information-lis#43074

Postby Sue1962 » 11 Jan 2012, 20:20

Thanks again Dawn. My CRS has never made 1 person incontinent so I really wasn't worried about that, but it was annoying in and out of the shower for a little while. LOL. All in all I feel so good!!! and only day 2. I am excited about the rest of my life again!!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 11 Jan 2012, 22:15

Your Welcome. :)
And Sue I was thinking ...I had some of that happen to me too during the first few days post-op. That muscle is so relaxed in the beginning and I imagine it may not be pushing all the stool out which could be just leaking out with the gas, plus the double dose of Miralax, as you said could also be contributing... It will all fall into place. I'm so glad you are feeling so good!!

It's just going to get better and better!! Image