Annoying itching sensation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Annoying itching sensation

Postby Davo » 12 Jan 2012, 03:34

Has anybody ever come across this?
I have been applying 0.4% GTN (Nitro) for six weeks now. The pain before i started the GTN course was unbearable both during BM's and for 5-6 hours afterwards due to spasms. The pain during the BM has long since gone away and at most i just feel a slight tingling sensation now however it has taken me the full six weeks to get the spasm pain down to a pain rating of 1 out of 10. I say pain but it is more just a mild discomfort that only lasts on and off for about 2-3 hours after the BM.
However things have changed over the past few days - the pain first turned into what i can only describe as a buzzing sensation (Sweetbugaboo described it as a mild elctrical current). Today i have next to no pain but an insane itching sensation - now my diet has not changed, i have not applied any new ointments and the area is always kept as dry as possible (i pat it with cotton wool after my morning bath).
Has anybody else experienced this itching sensation? My girlfriend says its a sign of skin healing with the skin fibres joining back together however i have had so many setbacks from the fissure i refuse to get myself excited by anything nowadays!!
Any thoughts?
Davo

Topics: 42

Re: Annoying itching sensation

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Jan 2012, 06:45

in my opinion, it is true that itch can be a sign of healing, however itch can also be a sign of the fissure / the internal hemorrhoid (if there is). Itch can also be caused of residual stools that's irritating ur anus.
i think it's best to be checked by a CRS
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Davo » 12 Jan 2012, 06:57

Thanks Dwarfs8
The itch was actually present before my BM, therefore i cant see it being residual stool.
It's just an annoyance now!
Davo

Postby dwarfs8 » 12 Jan 2012, 07:53

have u tried aloe vera gel? try using cotton bud to apply into the anus. It should help.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Savaici » 12 Jan 2012, 08:07

Hello Davo,
Also had some itching the other day, for a couple of days. Don't know if it was the fact that I tried Dr. Wheatgrass cream, but it went into the bin after that.
Could be that you are having a reaction to the 0.4%mg Nitro. I was under the impression that it is usually only compounded as 0.2%. I know that there are some on here who have had reactions to the medications. I used 0.2% Nifedipine, but found in the end that it did nothing for me. I am back to using only liquid petroleum, and only a very small amount morning and evening on the outside only. I have thought of getting some aloe vera, and might yet try this. You might try doing a search on the search facility on here, for itch and itchy. Came up with a few posts on the subject.
All the best,
Savaici
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Davo » 12 Jan 2012, 08:11

Hi Savaici. In the UK the only licensed form of GTN is 0.4% which i have been using for six weeks now so i can't see that being the problem.
Dwarfs8, I already use Aloe Vera Gel each day - i actually started using it on Saturday and thought the gel was maybe to blame but i would have had irritation before now.
It's probably just one of them unexplainable fissure things! :D
Davo

Postby Savaici » 12 Jan 2012, 09:12

Actually, you can get used to the GTN, and it can begin to irritate. If you look on other posts or search on google, you will find that others have had this problem. Perhaps 'cut' it with some vaseline?
Savaici
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Davo » 12 Jan 2012, 09:15

Really? Wow thats news to me - i only have two weeks left on the stuff too.
One thing that has changed is that i have just started on a new tube of GTN but surely that would not make me itch.
hmm - I have two weeks to try and sort this thing out otherwise its the dreaded Botox Image
Davo

Postby andyk123 » 12 Jan 2012, 18:11

it will be the nitro. it took weeks until it started itching me aswell. if you are able to get it in internally, maybe try wiping away whats left extenal, assuming the itch is on the outside?
once you stop using the nitro the itch should fade in about two days.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 12 Jan 2012, 18:59

Davo - it sounds like you're improving. The itch, though? I don't know . . .
Do you still see your crs next week?
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11