Feeling of constant pressure - very annoying!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Feeling of constant pressure - very annoying!

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 17:12

Has anyone had this and gotten over it?
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Guest » 13 Jan 2012, 17:37

Hey,
I thought some of you may be interested in this link.
Spasms-
http://anal-fissure.org/t2404-question-about-spasms#51030

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 17:54

Dawn, thank you!
It's exactly what I need to read, right now, because I'm going through these phases . . .
Thanks, again!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 13 Jan 2012, 20:11

Your welcome and I'm sorry you are going through this! It's awful... I'll never forget it. NG was really good with describing things... I was really confused about what was wrong with me when I first got my fissure. I didn't realize that there were so many symptoms of the spasms. I always felt pressure. It felt like I needed to go to the bathroom all day. The hot knife, burning etc would come and go but the clenching and pressure were constant.
I hope you are able to get something done soon that will give you some relief/ healing , Sweet! I know how miserable this can be.

Postby Sue1962 » 13 Jan 2012, 20:32

I too had the tight, clenching feeling...like it was drawing up. It was soooo painful and tight, couldn't even pass gas. :oops: Massage works great, it helped me greatly!! You will not hurt the fissure, I have done it for the past 8 months on a daily basis, not a pretty sight...LOL but it works. I have not had a spasm in 4 days and it is pure heaven, I can live with the bruises, and soreness!!! Hope you get some help soon
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 21:18

Dawn and Sue -
Thanks, so much. This whole process has really been stressful and full of all kinds of weird symptoms. It's amazing how an AF can turn a person's world, upside down.
Yep - I have that tightness, spasms, and some burning (not a horrible burn, but a dull burn). I'll definitely try the massaging - I've been afraid to do that, but I'm going to try and see if I can loosen things up, a bit.
I'm wondering if this tightness/spasm-thing will eventually subside . . . ?
Thank you, again -- I appreciate your replies and info, more than you'll ever know.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 13 Jan 2012, 21:27

Hey SB, yes this process is extremely stressful and I felt the same way. How can a little tear turn your world completely upside down. The things we have to go through just to get through a day is insane. When you are massaging make sure you wash hands before, and never go inside!!! I just did it around the whole sphincter on the outside. My spasms were usually at 3 oclock, it hurt like hell at first, but once i found the trigger point it got easier. I also took Advil which really took the edge off, and occasionally a Xanax to help relax the muscle. I know how you feel about info and replies. Dawn was my mentor, and I will be forever grateful to her!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 13 Jan 2012, 23:09

Sue, it's wonderful to have you both here - and I appreciate everyone's comments and info.
I'm definitely going to try the massage - and I will avoid the inner area, for sure. Xanax has helped me go to sleep, on those nights when the pain was so bad I thought I would lose my mind.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Grateful Ed » 15 Jan 2012, 15:39

Hi all- my understanding is that there are little nodes all around your rectum called papillas & when these get swollen, it can lead to feeling like you have to go to the bathroom & they can be painful. When I had some work done a few weeks ago, the doctor had to shrink the papillas first. Come to find out I had swollen papillas plus some hemorrhoids plus the fissure which was all adding up to major discomfort. I hope this helps- take a bath & meditate!
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 16:18

Hi, Ed -
Maybe I have some of that going on. Heck, at this point, I wouldn't doubt it.
I'm not one who likes to sit in a tub - so, I have my heating pad out, but it's not helping right now.
Darn this problem!!!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure