Hi, 21 years old need some support feeling really down.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi, 21 years old need some support feeling really down.

Postby chadwick_90 » 14 Jan 2012, 22:41

Hi everyone, my name is Chad. I'm really glad I found this forum just within 10 minutes I feel almost 100% less lonely in my situation. Well here is my story. I'm a 21 year old, average health and weight. Within the past year or so I have had a handful of major-life changes that have induced a great amount of stress upon me, along with a poor diet I believe caused me to have a bout of diarrhea for a week or so. But it wasn't the diarrhea alone which caused what I believe is a fissure. I remember passing gas a little too hard and feeling a pain down there. At first I didn't think much of it but about a week or so later I had the sensation of razors passing through me when I took a bowel movement. I told my mom about it and she mentioned it could be a hemorrhoid so I treated it as one, using preparation-h internally every time I went to the bathroom to help the excruciating pain I felt when going to bathroom. I was very scared. This went on for about 4 months and after much research I utilized a high fiber diet to help keep stool soft. I just floated by for the next couple months to it came to the HELL stage. I woke up one day and it just felt different you could say. I went to the bathroom and afterwards it hurt so bad I couldnt even relax my anal muscles without a stabbing feeling. This went on for a couple weeks before I got courage to see a doctor. He did a very abrupt quick examination and said he saw what looked like a fissure and immediatly opted for a colonoscopy. About for days after that I developed what I now know as a perianal abscess and had it lanced about 3 weeks ago. So as of right now I am dealing with the pain of a fissure and pain from a perianal abscess. Ive missed work and am generally very depressed and I feel as if i will never be happy again. I was very lustful for life before all this agony. I feel support in this forum will help me come to grips with the reality of anal fissures and perianal abscesses. there is so much more i would like to say but this is getting pretty lengthy. Thank you for reading Image
chadwick_90

Topics: 1

Re: Hi, 21 years old need some support feeling really down.

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 14 Jan 2012, 23:34

Hi, Chad -
First of all, you're at the right place by being here. I'm still rather new, too (even though I post alot here) - and there are some wonderful, caring people here - all who have gone through (or are currently going through) the same thing. I'm suffering from an AF, too - just like you and the rest of us.
The thing is, recovery from an AF sometimes takes time. That's what makes this experience so rough -- the time involved in getting an AF healed. -- I'm fighting an AF recurrence - the first time it happened, it healed up fairly quickly - but now I'm really having problems with it.
Everyone here has his/her own story to tell - and I think you'll find some sympathetic listeners, along with alot of useful information.
I'm sure that, given time and proper treatment (and patience!), you'll have your life back. You're so young - and you do have that in your favor, IMO.
Please keep us informed as to how you do. I hope your dr. has given you information about how to help treat your fissure.
Take care, and I'll pray for you. :)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby grannymaria » 15 Jan 2012, 10:29

Chad - just as sweetbugaboo has stated - pls read posts here son - there's alot of helpful advice . God bless u
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2012, 12:31

Hi Chad I'm new here but I'm sorry to hear how much pain your in, and hope you find all the help and advice you need here.

Postby chadwick_90 » 15 Jan 2012, 15:09

Like a lot of other people with AF, some days are better than others. And I am starting to realize that time and patience are the key to healing mentally and physically from this. Its amazing how having one of these tiny cuts can cause such a huge impact on one's life. I have established a pretty high fiber diet, Metamucil works great for me along with Raisin-Bran and a lot of bottled water. I'm definitely a fiber fanatic now lol. And I've never taken so many baths in my life my water bill is getting to be ridiculous. Thank you three for replying to me, I definitely can feel everyone here really cares and that makes me feel great. Unless you've had one of these unfortunate beasts, you could never relate to someone that has one.
chadwick_90

Topics: 1

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2012, 15:55

I have to agree unless you've had 1 of these cuts you don't know, my husbands great but he doesn't trully understand, and don't think he ever will.

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 16:16

fedup -
So true. I've tried to describe this to my husband, and I know he can't possibly understand what this misery is like.
This a.m. I felt somewhat better - but now the spasms have started again, and my bottom is burning a bit. My husband is helpful - very helpful - but he can eat anything and everything, and he never has problems.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 15 Jan 2012, 16:21

I'm begining to realise maybe I need to think about my diet more, it can only be a good thing, I'm not exactly thin and if it helps my bms be easier and less painful and I loose some weight its worth changing things a bit. But although he's as supportive as he can be he eats anything :(
I just cannot put into words how it feels and how it effects me mentally, infact I don't think he realises how much it effects me inside.

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 15 Jan 2012, 16:32

fedup - I know EXACTLY how you're feeling.
For the past three months, I have been in a "fissure fog." Basically, I've been holed up here in my house, only doing what I absolutely have to do. I don't feel much like socializing with anyone - and even though my severe pain level is way down, I'm still dealing with burning, muscle/cheek discomfort, and a feeling that this mess might never go away!
Plus, I'm supposed to host an event in a few months, and it's the last thing I feel like planning right now.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 15 Jan 2012, 16:56

Hi Chad and welcome to the forum, but sorry you have to be here. You are in the right place to vent ask questions or whatever. There is alot of valuable information on here, just read, read, read!!! I have been here for several months and had been miserable for 3 years with my AF. The beast was killed Monday with surgery and I cannot tell you how happy I am I had it. Jeez, you got the double whammy with the AF and abcess OUCH and sorry!!! How long have you had the fissure?? sounds like for many months. Do you have any spasms?? You are doing the right things, high fiber, water and soaks in the tub. Has your Dr. talked to you about surgery? Sorry for all the questions...LOL but if you have been trying to heal it for months with no change, it is probably chronic and won't heal without some kind of surgical intervention. I hope you feel better soon, and if you don't you don't have to suffer forever, there are options out there. Image
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36