had a 6 day post op follow up today with the surgeon

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

had a 6 day post op follow up today with the surgeon

Postby travis1994 » 16 Jan 2012, 15:08

He said everything looks good and is healing well down there and I don't have to take anymore sitz baths. For some reason that had me worried..he said I could go out and run if I wanted to, yet my butt still feels a bit sore and I have stitches in that were only put in about 6 days ago...they won't come out for another 3 weeks, but I just feel like everything is too soon. I'm still really tired too. Do surgeons generally underestimate healing time?
travis1994
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: had a 6 day post op follow up today with the surgeon

Postby grannymaria » 16 Jan 2012, 16:14

Hi Travis - I'd take time before doing anything extra son. Docs do under estimate healing time unless they have been in ur shoes! They should understand that each person is different. Keep taking it easy n doing ur new eating lifestyle n water.
I'm glad ur doing well :)
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Re: had a 6 day post op follow up today with the surgeon

Postby Sue1962 » 16 Jan 2012, 21:26

Hey Travis, only you know how you feel, and yes, they do underestimate healing time. Not only from the surgery, but also from the emotional toll this all takes on our bodies. It is totally, mentally exhausting and IMO that's what takes so long to recover from. It sounds as though you are doing well. Keep it up and you will be fine. Maybe just get out for a walk and breathe some fresh air. I think just getting out even if a little really helps you move forward. Glad your feeling better.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36