Chronic vs acute??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Chronic vs acute??

Postby catniss » 17 Jan 2012, 14:14

I've never thought to try that, I'm going to give it a shot. Sorry about your bad day sweets, did the Xanax help at least? I bought this herbal supplement in a health store when I was getting my aloe- its called a muscle relaxer and the 2 ingredients are valerian root and skullcaps...weird name! Anyway, it says not to take it if you're breastfeeding so I haven't been able to try it- anyone else give any of those herbal meds a go? I wonder if it would keep the sphincter relaxed all day?
catniss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 Jan 2012, 14:20

Thanks, catniss - that's what I need, a muscle relaxer. --- Well, the Xanax will at least put me to sleep and make me relax (the muscles) - but once it wears off, I'm back at square one.
I'm going to send my hubs to the store (Whole Foods, maybe) later on, and see if he can find the aloe (pure - even if in capsule form) and a muscle relaxer. I'm make sure it has those two ingredients.
I haven't breastfed for years - but I did breastfeed all of my children, except for the baby I adopted.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby workingonit » 17 Jan 2012, 15:04

Hi,
I haven't tried Valerian, but I did look into it last year. I read that it works on the same Gaba receptors in the brain that Xanax does.
Magnesium is an effective muscle relaxer, which is why it can be used as a laxative if you take enough. I take 300mg/day. Everyone is different in their tolerance though.
davo, thanks so much for that feedback from your crs. It's a relief to know the daily ups and downs are normal!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Jan 2012, 17:28

I just want to say PLEASE be careful with the herbal supplements. Sorry, it is the nurse in me!!! LOL If you are taking Valerian you cannot take Xanax!! The herbal supplements are not FDA regulated and there are many other things in them other than what is on the label. No mother nursing should take them until they stop nursing.There are no warnings on what they do and don't interact with. So please be careful
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 Jan 2012, 17:34

Thanks for the info., Sue. It's great to have a nurse here!
I think I'll ask my crs to prescribe a small supply of Xanax for me, just to get me through this on the nights that I can't sleep.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Jan 2012, 17:40

I have Xanax too, although now I don't need it anymore. It worked great for my spasms and helped me sleep to. My GP actually prescribed it for my sleepless night due to perimenopausal symptoms. Uggg if it's not one thing it's another...LOL
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 17 Jan 2012, 17:49

I hear ya - but thankfully, I have had zero peri/menopausal issues, thus far. TBH, I think I'd rather face those, than an AF.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sue1962 » 17 Jan 2012, 18:29

oh yeah. That is a walk in the park compared to AF problems!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist