can the crs numb things before an exam

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

can the crs numb things before an exam

Postby flamingo » 17 Jan 2012, 20:16

Hi - my gastro referred me to a crs and a general surgeon who does a lot of this type of work. I think I am going to try the crs first, but i am wondering about the exam. When the gastro just uses her finger it pretty much hurts right away and I say "ow" and she stops. Even at just that, it hurt the whole rest of the day. I am wondering how a CRS is going to get a "better look." Will he just not stop when I say it hurts? I am sure his fingers are bigger than hers! I did see a previous similar post, but would appreciate any further info.
thanks so much.
flamingo
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: can the crs numb things before an exam

Postby Savaici » 17 Jan 2012, 20:27

Hi Flamingo. They usually use an anoscope to take a look just a little bit further inside, that is if the CRS does not see the fissure when he gently feels around on the outside. They can numb with lidocaine, and if you are worried, or small 'down there' you could ask them to use a children's anoscope. It is not inserted very far, just enough to see the inside of the anus and rectum.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: can the crs numb things before an exam

Postby grannymaria » 17 Jan 2012, 20:58

It's scary when we're in pain n know that they have to check where it hurts :( God bless u sweetie n like savaici says - ask if they can use the smaller one
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13