Still 'Almost' Healed and need some inspiration

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Still 'Almost' Healed and need some inspiration

Postby Davo » 25 Jan 2012, 06:27

Hi,
I have been battling with this Bloomin Fissure for about four months now and are currently into week seven of my GTN (NTG, Nitro whatever you call it) course. It has been a complete rocky road of a ride with many up's and down's starting with absolute agony and now my daily pain score is around a 1 out of 10 (sometimes less) - It has been the worst four months of my life!!!
On my last visit to the CRS (just over a week ago) he said i was 'Almost Healed' but i just cant seem to get past this final hurdle. I currently drink about 12 glasses of water a day, only eat porridge, soup, wholemeal bread, lots of fruit and soft veg. I take 3 stool softerners, i sachet of movicol, 1 magnesium tablet and use aloe vera gel as well as GTN. Two baths a day and one BM (with vaseline to help things move along) and finally some brisk walking to keep the blood flowing.
Can anybody offer some inspiration or extra help to finish this journey??
Davo

Topics: 42

Re: Still 'Almost' Healed and need some inspiration

Postby Sue1962 » 25 Jan 2012, 06:31

Awww Davo, I know it is a very long and frustrating journey. It sounds as if you are doing all the right things. Just keep doing what you are doing. Fissures take a very long time to heal. I really don't think there is any magic answer, as long as that is working just give it more time.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Grateful Ed » 25 Jan 2012, 15:31

Hang in there Davo! Just keep doing what you're doing and be thankful for the progress that you've made. Everyone here can attest that these things are hell to deal with. Remember, this isn't a race for the swift but for the sure! Go easy on yourself and stay positive!
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Goma » 25 Jan 2012, 16:24

Hi Davo! I'm basically in the same situation as you, so I know how you're feeling. My CRS said I'm almost healed, but still not out of the danger zone. I'll go weeks with feeling fine and then it will hurt a little, but nothing like it used to. It won't seem to go away completely though! I know how frustrating it is when you seem to be doing everything that you've been told to do. Hang in there! I hope we'll get there eventually. When I feel down, I think about how terrible I felt almost three months ago and what an improvement I've made since the first time I saw the doctor. At least progress has been made!
Goma
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 18:25

Davo and Goma, I'm in the same situation, too.
I'm 3+ months into this AF problem, and it's been a rollercoaster.
Davo, I'm on 4-5 16-oz bottles of water, per day - Konsyl 2x per day - stool softeners - very light diet (fiber, vegetables, occasional pasta or anything soft) - and let's throw in anxiety and sleeping meds, too (so I can rest at night).
I had a very bad episode two days ago - possibly prompted by my use of Vaseline, which could have irritated my area down below, which my second crs says was burned by the ointment that the first crs prescribed! So, I'm just trying not to do anything at all to it, and I'll see what happens.
Meanwhile, I'm getting another opinion (3rd crs) tomorrow. Oh, joy.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Davo » 25 Jan 2012, 23:56

Thanks for the messages of support guys
It is very frustrating indeed! I do feel great and I am getting back to my normal self with the exception of alcohol and my diet.
I do have a hemmy which can get a little irratated after a BM and sometimes i think i mix this up with my fissure - dont know what i can do about that though.
Goma and Sweet - its good to know that others are in the same position as me, please let me know how you both get on over the coming weeks. Hopefully we will all be posting our sucess stories on here in a few weeks :D
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 26 Jan 2012, 00:40

Davo, I hope so, too. My wish is for all of us to be healed and out there living our lives.
I'll be sure to let everyone know how I'm doing. I hope you guys all do the same. Wish me luck for tomorrow! (I dread these dr. visits.)
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Davo » 26 Jan 2012, 07:05

Good luck with the CRS visit Sweet.
My last two visits have gone well and i just need to be patient and let this thing heal itself. I am having a good day today (and have been for a while) - no pain during BM, hardly any spasms apartfrom a tiny tingling sensation lasting no more than 5 mins. Visually its decreasing in size by a tiny amount each day.
Once its gone i will invite you all to the UK to visit fancy restaurant where we can all munch on vegetable soup and sip water :-)
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 26 Jan 2012, 09:12

Thank you, Davo - I'm up early, trying to get ready for my appt., and hoping for the best.
I would love to visit the UK and sip on soft foods with you and everyone else. :)
If I'm not comatose (from nerves) after my appt., I'll let you all know how it went . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Goma » 26 Jan 2012, 17:44

Davo- I hope you're right! I'll keep posting on the boards, and be keeping up with your story as well. I had a bad day today, so I'm thinking of calling the doctor tomorrow. Still not as bad as it once was though.
Sweet Bugaboo- I hope your appointment goes well! I get nervous going to the doctor too. Good luck!
Goma
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6