Another crs appt. tomorrow

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Another crs appt. tomorrow

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 25 Jan 2012, 15:15

This will be crs #3.
So, the first crs didn't see a fissure (even though he saw my first one 3 1/2 yrs. ago), but he sent me home with nitro/lido ointment, after saying he didn't know why I was in pain.
Crs #2 saw the fissures, gave me a prescription for a hydrocortisone pramoxine (?) cream, and said to take Konsyl and come back, if the discomfort didn't go away. That cream didn't seem to help, so I went back to the nitro/lido and used it - not always convinced it was helping. Pain and discomfort continued. --- I went back to this crs last week, and thought we did discuss surgery (and A.D., which he completely dismissed), he said my fissures are small (1mm), and the best long-term fix was fiber and time - and to come back in two months. TWO MONTHS! BTW, this crs is a very respected doc here in town, and he's also a military doc/surgeon. I got the feeling that, though he's nice enough, he's the "suck it up and take it" type of guy - and I also felt like he talked more than he listened. (FTR, my hubs went with me to that appt. and thinks that the visit went well, and that I should probably just follows this guy's instructions, since my AFs are so small - but my hubs is also very supportive and just wants me to feel better, so he's going with me tomorrow, too.)
Thus . . . I've decided to get yet another opinion. It's not that I'm trying to "doctor hop," as my internist put it, but since the first crs saw nothing, that visit doesn't count. I'd like this 3rd crs's opinion, to see if it varies from the 2nd crs's opinion. I'm not trying to rush anything, but after 3 months of this problem, I need to keep at this.
I just had to vent. I'm sick of going to doctors, and I'm sick of having any kind of fanny discomfort. I just want to be out there and living.
Thanks for reading through my vent.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Re: Another crs appt. tomorrow

Postby Guest » 26 Jan 2012, 00:18

Wishing you all the best tomorrow!
There is nothing wrong with getting opinions, and nothing wrong with wanting to feel comfortable with the doctor you are putting your trust in.
I've been with the same gastroenterologist and CRS now for many many years... But... Prior to that I went to about 10 different gastroenterologists before I found the one I felt I could trust... And even now on rare occasions I'll still get a second opinion (like last year when I had surgery).
Don't be intimidated. It's your body... All of your questions should be answered and you should feel comfortable and confident with your physician... Most especially a physician who might operate on you!
Sending you a hug across the miles, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 26 Jan 2012, 00:45

j -
Thank you, so much! I very much appreciate your kind and supportive words.
I really get rattled when I have to go to the doctor, especially for this type of exam. I've just taken my sedative, and I'm hoping the effects of it will carry me through the dr.'s visit tomorrow.
I just want to be better and for this nightmare to be over. So, I appreciate every bit of support. Sending you hugs, too - and I hope you're feeling okay.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Savaici » 26 Jan 2012, 08:37

I hope you see this message, Sweet, before your appointment. Best of luck with it, and a big hug for you. Image
Don't be intimidated by anyone in the medical field. I also got the run around from my GP yesterday. Wouldn't even read the paper that I brought with me.
I have done a little more research, and wonder if you might try the UCSF Medical Center for S.A.D. Not sure if they do it, but if it is closer to you, worth a phone call.
I have to have surgery on my back. Skin cancer, basal cell I suspect as have had this previously (grew up in the tropics). Already freaking out at the thought of medication and constipation. Been in a lot of pain these last few days. Won't ramble on now. Just wish you all the very best!!! Glad your hubby goes with you.
Last edited by Anonymous on 26 Jan 2012, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling errors and such...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 26 Jan 2012, 09:21

savaici,
Thank you for your support! Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have our appts. together, as a group? - then we wouldn't feel so alone and intimidated (or nervous).
That was great of you to do a bit of research for me - SF is do-able, as far as travel, because it's about 3 hrs. north . . . so, perhaps it would be worth it for me to make a few phone calls up there, just to see what I can find out.
When is your surgery? and can you take something before and after (a laxative, or Miralax, or something) to help prevent the constipation?
I so understand the agony of pain. It's just awful. I'm sending you a hug, too - and please let us know when your surgery is. I'll pray for you.
If I'm not absolutely comatose from nerves and the outcome of my appt., I'll let everyone know how I do today. I can feel myself shaking a little . . . just like my dog does, when she goes to the vet.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby grannymaria » 26 Jan 2012, 12:47

Aww Sweetbug :( hang in there sweetie.. This too shall pass - praying and keeping our faith..
Sometimes our tests turn into our testimonies - I did see ur post sweetie but can't find it now Image
God willing this new crs can give u a better answer/cure - like they say "3rd is a charm" or something similar..
I know what u mean about shaking a little - lool - I feel that when I go see the oncologist :( and the cardiologist :(..
I've been to a crs only once and am looking for another one since this doc Rogers treated me and the other patients like chopped liver - hurrying us through the exam and office visit and when I turned to ask him something else - his nurse stopped me and said - he's getting ready for his next patient and gently shoved me out of his office!
Sorry for venting here sweetie..
God bless you and plz keep us posted.. Hugs to you..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 26 Jan 2012, 17:00

Hi, granny,
Thank you! I had a good visit with the crs this morning. I posted about it - I think I put it in the surgery part of this forum . . .
I hope you can get a good crs! Some of these drs are so aggravating - they treat us like it's a cattle call.
It's always okay to vent. I've been doing that, too.
HUGS, HUGS, and more HUGS!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Jenbug » 27 Jan 2012, 13:24

I'm really glad you had a good doctors visit :) How are you feeling I hope well.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 27 Jan 2012, 13:28

Thank you, jenbug -
I'm really having pre-op jitters. I don't mind the surgery, as much as I'm worried about my post-op recover and wellbeing, as a result of the surgery.
This is just a hard thing to work one's self up to do, even if the AF has been really bothersome.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure