Pain and bleeding 4 weeks post fissurectomy op?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Pain and bleeding 4 weeks post fissurectomy op?

Postby RedRose80 » 31 Jan 2012, 19:04

I was doing pretty well for a while and went in for my three week follow up visit. The doctor said I could eat whatever I wanted and do whatever I wanted, so I did.
Bad idea. This weekend I had a bm and I had razor blade pain and blood on the stool, streaked it was a bit hard I suppose. I haven't been the same since. I am afraid to poop now b/c of the pain that I feel when I try to go. I also feel like I can't get the area clean enough. I wonder if the way I'm soaking in the sitz bath is opening the wound up? I don't know what I'm doing wrong and am scared.
RedRose80
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: Pain and bleeding 4 weeks post fissurectomy op?

Postby NotSoToughAfterAllGuy » 01 Feb 2012, 08:39

Ohh, RedRose, I'm sorry to hear this:-(
I am one week post-op, and things are going 'smoothly'. Your words of wisdom will only keep me on fiber supplements then. I have been having soft BM's with no pain, but I've heard from not just you, but a couple others now that it may take up to a year for the wound to completely strengthen back to what it was. That's a lot of Mirilax! :-(
But the good news is, you'll probably still recover faster, and just get back on the fiber supplements. Your doctor is kinda at fault here too. You know what worked for me was prune juice. It tastes HORRIBLE (in my opinion) but does the trick. You'll never have hard bowel movements with that stuff!
Hope you heal up quickly!! :)
NotSoToughAfterAllGuy
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 01 Feb 2012, 16:11

I second the prune juice!
Why not give your doc a call if you are unsure?
It would give you peace of mind.
I doubt sitz baths could harm IMO.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby grannymaria » 03 Feb 2012, 17:42

Pls take care sweetie n do the fiber n water n eating right regime.. God bless u and He heal us all
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby sailorgal » 12 Feb 2012, 08:16

Any update on your recovery, RedRose?
I hope you things are going better . . .
sailorgal
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby NotSoToughAfterAllGuy » 12 Feb 2012, 10:34

Well, I am 17 days post LIS, and last night was a shocker. I couldn't believe my own eyes. I've been having some minor 'leakage', but nothing I couldn't handle by a few trips to clean up every day. But last night, I had blood! First time since LIS. I couldn't understand where it came from & why. I have had absolutely no pain or bleeding during BM since LIS. Can anyone offer up an explanation for this?? I was doing so well too! :-(
Still have no pain, but not sure what to make of the blood seapage. Grrr!
NotSoToughAfterAllGuy
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 12 Feb 2012, 11:06

So sorry to hear that nstaaguy,
It's not unusual though as I'm sure you've read on other threads. It's early days still really.
Even the fissure wouldn't have healed quite yet I would think.
Seems to me that no pain is a good sign that it is just part of the healing process. You know, new connections being made.
IMO of course.
Try to take it easy today and not worry, then call your doc tomorrow to ease your mind.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby NotSoToughAfterAllGuy » 12 Feb 2012, 11:20

Yeah, I have read it before. But, it just sucks. I, like 100% of the others on this site, just want this to be behind me, literally~ I'm so sick of 'bum' issues!
How goes it with you Tanya?
NotSoToughAfterAllGuy
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 12 Feb 2012, 11:31

So true!
I am slowly progressing. But I don't like the nifedipine. It messes with my menstrual cycle and I swear it increases my anxiety. Temped by the idea of botox, just to get off the nifedipine!
It does suck (didn't know we were allowed to write that word here :) )
I think the lanolin is helping too. Been using it for a week now. And the stool I got for the toilet. I find I can relax better when I use the stool. No worries about needing to push at all. I am also practicing yoga breathing and focusing to relax my pelvic floor as often as I can.
I just wish I could get a good nights sleep. I know it would help the healing process.

I get flashes of the person I was and I look at others envying them their taking their bums for granted! lol!
But my mom got past it and has been fine for almost 2 years, so I know I can do it too.
So can you. You are over the worst I would think (touch wood and whistle of course)
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby NotSoToughAfterAllGuy » 12 Feb 2012, 11:59

You know, though, the one (and only one) positive I can gather from this horrific & most painful duration of my existence, would be that having been affects to eat- I have lost 25 lbs lol~
Now, since no pain and no bleeding (until last night) I've been eating again. Hopefully not like bedmfore...I like being lean again!
How about you? Anybody else know where I'm coming from? Image
NotSoToughAfterAllGuy
Fibre Addict