The most relief in over a month!

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

The most relief in over a month!

Postby destlny » 03 Feb 2012, 08:32

I can say this morning was the first time in over a month i did not have pain! (minor discomfort ) but not pain and I couldnt be more happier. When I instantly noticed the most change was from the following:
changed my eating habits: no red meat, basically just healthy easy to digest food
Colace stool softner (2-3 a nighht)
Whole dried prunes (5 a day)
I have also been using what the DR prescribed, Niphindine (i always spell it wrong) and I just started using Dr Wheatgrass Skin Recovery cream.
I wish I would have started this a month ago
destlny

Topics: 3

Re: The most relief in over a month!

Postby Guest » 03 Feb 2012, 10:40

destiny...
that is wonderful news!
I'm so glad you are feeling better and have found a routine that is working for you ! Keep going with it to prevent any setbacks!

Postby grannymaria » 03 Feb 2012, 17:36

Awesome news sweetie! Keeping it up will help healing process. God bless u
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby workingonit » 04 Feb 2012, 13:21

Great to hear!
Keep us posted on the dr. wheatgrass please. I am curious about it.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2012, 19:23

Tanya...
Just my experience but I really love the Dr. Wheatgrass cream. It hasn't been a miracle cure, but it is very very soothing for me. I think like everything else everyone will be different in how they respond to supplements, creams, etc., but this cream is one I go back to over and over. I use the Super Balm.

Postby workingonit » 04 Feb 2012, 19:47

Is it true that it has alcohol in it? I can't imagine it does or I'd hear your scream from here! lol!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Guest » 04 Feb 2012, 20:38

heehee... yeah...
it does have cetearyl alcohol in it... But not all alcohols are created equal... cetearyl alcohol is actually something put in many creams, shampoos, and conditioners for its emollient qualities on the skin... it really shouldn't create stinging in most people, as it is an ingredient in so many things we use, but as with everything there is always the possibility... We're all so different... I tend to be extremely sensitive to creams, shampoos, medications, etc., and so I'm glad this one works for me.
I know savaici had problems with it though...

Postby dntwrrybhppy » 07 Feb 2012, 00:33

I have been a vegan for 2 months now and it's been great! I am going regularly with the help of Miralax but also with all the extra nutrients I'm getting. Being vegetarian makes you open up your eyes to all the healthy and delicious fruits and vegatables we've been given. I also love the fact that no animals suffered in order for me to eat. I feel better than ever both physically and mentally Image
dntwrrybhppy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby rasmith3530 » 07 Feb 2012, 00:51

I have been giving thought to vegetarianism for a while now, but I'm not quite sure where to start. I know that there are things you need to be careful with to make sure you get the nutrients you miss from not eating meat. Any pointers?
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 07 Feb 2012, 14:03

rasmith... It depends on how far you go with your diet. If you are a vegetarian who keeps dairy and eggs in your diet, that is one thing. But if you go vegan and eliminate all animal sources from your diet that is another thing. For vegans, the only real concern is for vitamin b12, which you probably want to supplement. With soy milk and almond milk that are fortified with calcium and yogurts made of soy there are plenty of ways to get calcium. Concerns about protein are way overblown as it is not difficult at all to get enough protein through a plant based diet as long as you are eating a varied diet. There are many good books out on the subject. You could start with The Idiot's Guide to Plant Based Nutrition. I would also check out the documentary called Forks over Knives (free to watch on Netflix if you have it). It gives a lot of great information and provides good resources too.