Ah, The Burn... Hurts So Good

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Ah, The Burn... Hurts So Good

Postby rasmith3530 » 13 Feb 2012, 01:16

Well, after a couple or few nights with less pain, which I attribute to the spinal injections I received on Friday, my fissure is again trying to show me who is boss. The bowel movement itself was pretty straightforward, the spasms thereafter have returned with a vengeance. There was also blood. My stool was soft like it should be, with no signs of the runs. So now I lay here trying to find the least painful position. I'm about to crank up some good tunes and see if I can drown the monster out with music.
Two steps forward, one step back. The dance of the annual fissure!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: Ah, The Burn... Hurts So Good

Postby rasmith3530 » 13 Feb 2012, 03:06

Two hours later and the spasms are still trying to get the upper hand. Ooo, this is so damned aggravating! :(
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Savaici » 13 Feb 2012, 09:47

Sorry for the lousy pain. Would your doctor consider using Valium to control the spasms? I believe they are available in suppository form. If you spasm, difficult for the fissure to heal. Sorry if I am reinventing the wheel in the info, but just from research.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2012, 10:00

so sorry to hear you're having so much pain and spasming... It's especially frustrating when you've done everything you can to achieve that "perfect stool" ... geez... I hope you've found some relief ...

Postby rasmith3530 » 13 Feb 2012, 10:45

Now into the next day, spasms have died down but there's still that tenderness feeling, kind of like your butt having a pain "hangover" of sorts. The cycle comes around.
Between all that is happening with my body, it is a bit overwhelming. In the throws of the spamming last night, I spent close to an hour on the phone with local crisis line. Between my head, my back and my butt, and all the side life drama they are causing, it is getting to be a bit overwhelming. I think that after my physical therapy session today, I'm going to go have a chat with the counselors from the crisis program. Hopefully they can help sort some of this out.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2012, 11:03

please keep us posted when you get back... I hope between the PT and the counselor, you will get some relief from your suffering...
I'm sending out thoughts of comfort, peace, and a gentler road for you to walk today...

Postby workingonit » 13 Feb 2012, 14:08

Rasmith,
Can you ask your doc to move up your LIS? If there is a cancellation spot you could fill???
Hope today is more healing!
Will look forward to hearing about the PT and counselors.
Take Care,
Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby rasmith3530 » 13 Feb 2012, 19:42

Just got back from seeing the crisis counselor. I'm going to be starting a program where I go up to the hospital every day. To start, that will get me out of the house with human interaction. Hopefully that should help with some of the depression/anxiety that I'm suffering. They are also going to help with trying to get to the bottom of my original neuro issues.
As for my hind end, it's been a bit tender earlier but seems fine at the moment. You've got to love the small joys.
The physical therapy session went well, but later, when I had to walk about half a block's distance from the parking lot to the center for meeting the crisis worker, I did notice some pain on the left side. I do plan to be walking some tomorrow, and we'll see how that goes. My next PT session is on Wednesday.
So many ups and downs. Sometimes, it boggles the mind.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby workingonit » 14 Feb 2012, 00:05

Have a good walk tomorrow Rasmith!
So glad you are being proactive with your depression. It can sneak up on you.
Hope you feel better when you wake up tomorrow!
Hope we all do ; )
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Guest » 14 Feb 2012, 17:02

So glad to hear things were at least a little better for you yesterday, rasmith! Yes, we need to celebrate the simple joys more. I so agree.
I hope today is continuing the trend for you...