4 Weeks Since Botox...and hello!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

4 Weeks Since Botox...and hello!

Postby ButtHurtBurt » 15 Feb 2012, 16:08

Greeting and Salutations.
First time poster, long time butt bleeder, here for the introduction. 33 yo M, Just tripped across this site after being at my wits end and am happy to see an active community on the topic. I have pained through a fissure for the last few years and used some glyceryn based medicine from my Colorectal doc on the fissure with some regularity. Finally, after years of the ripping and the tearing, I decided to up my game and have a Botox injection about a month ago.
Prior to the injection, I was in mild discomfort during the day, but the ever present pain while going to the restroom and feeling that tear following by the bloodletting which would happen a few times a week. Botox seemed to help for a few days, but after the first tear after the injection, things have gotten progressively worse and the pain is constant. Each bowel movement is a major setback and I find it takes a while to recover from the pain even when I have nice poo consistency. The pain seems to be around the spot of the injection or even more of the area than before, but since I can't see what's going on down there it's hard to tell.
Anyone else who had Botox have a similar experience or anything to advise? Also any place in particular on the site I should focus on?
Thanks and I hope you all heal quickly!
ButtHurtBurt
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: 4 Weeks Since Botox...and hello!

Postby Nitsnz » 15 Feb 2012, 17:18

Hi there, I just wanted to say hi and offer some support as a fellow botox receiver too. I had my botox about 10 weeks ago. I know there is not a lot of people on this forum who support botox as I guess it hasn't been too successful, but however I think it has certainly aided me in healing my fissure, although I certainly didn't find it to be what I expected! Certainly for about the first month after the injection, I too, was in more pain than I had ever had with my fissure - I guess because during the inspections and the injections I was opened up even more than the original fissure was. I thought that the botox would help with the spasms, but that certainly was not the case with me and I still get horrible spasms that last all day and into the night, BUT I do think that the fissure is well on its way to being healed as I now have no pain when I actually am on the toilet, just the spasms that come on afterwards and continue. So, yes, I think the botox has definately helped me but I'm hoping that the spasms start to calm down a wee bit. I am back at my surgeon on 1st March. I'm hoping he will be able to confirm that the fissure is/has healed. My only advice would be to be pedantic about keeping everything soft as possible - I have Lactulose, Aloe Vera Juice, LSA oil (Linseed, sunflower, almond) and benefibre, plus bran cereal for breakfast, heaps of fruit etc. My body used to go into shock when I knew a BM was imminent, but finally now, I think I am re-training it not to "suck it all back up again"........
I wish you all the best with your botox experience! It all helps and just stay with a regimen of fibre and I'm sure it will sort itself soon. I would say in about 2-3 weeks things should be looking up for you!
Nitsnz
Fibre Addict

Postby ButtHurtBurt » 15 Feb 2012, 18:30

Wow, that response really makes me feel better. Thank you for the suggestions and your experience. It's good to know there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Glad you are on the road to recovery.
ButtHurtBurt
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 15 Feb 2012, 21:30

Thanks for me too,
Good to have more info on what the possibilities of botox bring. I still like the idea of it better than LIS.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby lambertoz » 16 Feb 2012, 03:49

Hi
I'm new to this too. I came across when I was researching Af as both gp & cons really didn't explain.
I'm post Botox. 5weeks weds since I had it done. The pain was unbearable afterwards. I have been getting free hours but as soon as I have a BM it kicks it off. Yesterday was one of the worst. I'm taking plenty of Epsom salt baths which do help, plenty of fibre & water. Been back to my const who just told me I was unfortunately just in that bracket. Which didn't help. He said he could inject it again after 3months. I have had word from another that it took 4 weeks so I'm hoping their is light at end of the tunnel.
lambertoz
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby ButtHurtBurt » 16 Feb 2012, 08:03

I hope you are at the trail end of your bad experience and things get better.
The more I read up about the treatments and pretty much the collective experience, it seems that 1) Your experience may vary and your docs are playing the same guessing game that we are. 2) Things get worse before they seem better, in particular with the Botox, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel.
I bought some Miralax and this will be the first time i add some softner to my routine instead of just adding fiber to the diet. From this point it's going to be trial and error to get to a comfortable place and I am down for trying whatever, including burning some sage to exorcize the devil fissure spirits :)
ButtHurtBurt
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 16 Feb 2012, 13:45

Hey I like that exorcism idea!
I'm kinda supersticious, and I've been wearing these knit bracelets my daughter made me as kind of talismans against the AF.
But at the same time, I try to visualize myself as all better with a perfect anus.
Good luck with the miralax buttHB. Just make sure you start with a half dose. Just to be cautious, as some people are more sensitive to it than others.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34