Cure I found, try it

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Cure I found, try it

Postby khia » 16 Feb 2012, 16:48

I've been a silent reader of this forum for a while now, and so hi everyone.. Something that helped me lot was using pure coconut oil. At room temperature coconut oil is solid so you need to melt itin order to apply directly to the area. Only need a few drops. I usually apply after a bm and only after washing the area with hot water.. Another important thing is obviously diet and drinking plenty of water but if you find it still really hurts drink a teaspoon of olive oil after every meal if you can. These things really helped and after four months of agony I am cured, and thank god. Good luck and i am open to any questions.. PS coconut oil really helps the spasms aswell. I did this for about 2 weeks but obviously it could take longer
khia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Cure I found, try it

Postby workingonit » 16 Feb 2012, 18:33

That's great Khia!
So glad this worked for you. There are a few people I've read about that that has worked for.
I've been doing the olive oil for a while now. I don't mind the taste anymore. lol! :)
It does make things go more smoothly...
I tried the coconut oil on my AF, but switched to lanolin. I would give it a try again though, if the lanolin stops helping. Heck, maybe I should try both!
So is your fissure all healed then?
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby workingonit » 16 Feb 2012, 18:36

Oh, I forgot to ask,
Did you use virgin coconut oil or expellier pressed?
Thanks
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby khia » 17 Feb 2012, 15:58

Hey Tanya,
I am looked on the bottle but it just says 100% pure coconut oil in the ingredients I would guess that it is pressed. For the first two weeks I felt it helped in terms of pain after bm however it was about ten days before I saw any results in terms of healing the fissure. I its now been about a month after I've been using it that it's all healed up.. I stopped taking other medication and just used coconut oil and pain killers if I needed them which was hardly ever.. You just have to carry on if you feel like you're not getting results.. I would do this for at least three weeks and then if no change then I would stop, and however one thing I feel I have to mention is to clean with hot water after every bm. You can even apply coconut oil every time you go to the bathroom.
Be sure to say if this helps or works for anyone!
Last edited by khia on 17 Feb 2012, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling mistake
khia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby workingonit » 17 Feb 2012, 17:49

Hi Khia,
I was wondering, how long did you have your fissure for before you tried coconut oil?
What was the medication you were using that you stopped when the coconut oil was working?
Did you just stop using it or did you stop gradually?
Thank you!
I would like to stop taking the nifedipine, but am afraid I will re-tear as it is not quite healed yet.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby Grateful Ed » 18 Feb 2012, 21:27

Hey there- how exactly do you apply the coconut oil? Do you eat it, use a q-tip right at the anus or do you put it farther in there with a finger? I just got some today & was wondering what's the best way to apply it. I hope you're feeling better.
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby workingonit » 18 Feb 2012, 22:17

Hey Ed,
The couple times I used it, I just used my pinky finger like I do with the nifedipine.
I think the goal with coconut oil is to cover the fissure.
The stuff I got softens up pretty quickly and I could just scoop a bit onto the end of my finger and it was a lot like petroleum jelly texture when you rub it on.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Postby brownch » 19 Feb 2012, 19:49

Where did you find the Coconut oil or Lanolon oil?
brownch

Postby grannymaria » 19 Feb 2012, 20:04

Is it in the veg oils or meds section? Thx
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby workingonit » 19 Feb 2012, 20:30

Hi Brownch,
the lanolin I use is the kind you find for breastfeeding mom's in the baby aisle at the grocery store (lansinoh).
I found the coconut oil in the 'natural' section for oils at the grocery store and chose the expellier pressed one as it doesn't smell as coconutty. But I've been reading that perhaps the virgin cold pressed kind has more of the stuff in it that heals because it doesn't get as hot during the pressing.
I did try the NOW brand once before to eat, and I thought it tasted god awful! :)
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP